Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Wed Oct 6- Key West and Key Largo

On Wednesday morning (October 6th) we took a tour of the Little White House in Key West.





Pictures are not allowed inside of the actual house, so I got pictures of the grounds and the gift shop. 






I bought the Christmas tree ornament. 
The door to go in.  

It's still an official presidential property, so any president can stay there at any time, but nobody has since Clinton in 1995.



After the tour it was time to head back north to Key Largo. 


We stopped at the Cracked Conch Cafe in Marathon and got some food to go.  Conch fritters and conch chowder. Yum. 

Then it was time for snorkeling in Key Largo.  

On the boat out to the reef. 



We forgot to take Spencer's monthly picture, so this cropped version will have to be official for 14 years 1 month. 


We bought two disposable underwater cameras for the occasion. I had them developed into prints and put on CD back in October, but I had never looked at the CDs until today.  Well, the second CD isn't our pictures!  The are photos of someone on a Disneyland trip.  What the heck?  We have the actual prints from the second camera, but I'm going to try to track down the correct CD.  If I do, I'll add those in a future post. Ha!

The pictures that we do have are from the camera I used.  Spencer used the other one. 

Enjoy!













Michael and Elliott









Spencer and me







After we were back on the boat is when Michael realized he had snorkeled for an hour with the rental car keys in his bathing suit pocket.



After snorkeling, we drove to Homestead and checked into our hotel.  We had alligator and conch for dinner. 


No comments: