Thursday, May 5, 2022

The rest of October (kind-of)

OK!  Blogging about the fall break trip is done!  Today I will cover the rest of October except the spooky house decor and Halloween.  Those will be the next two posts and then we'll move on to November.  It's happening.  I'm really blogging about Thanksgiving and Christmas in May. 

October 11th

Kevin was very, very excited for us to be home, but he was also a little standoffish for about five days. 



These are the ornaments we brought back from the trip.  Universal Studios on the left, two from Key West, and one from the Kennedy Space Center. 

My friend Heather stayed with Kevin and she gave us these cookies when we got home.  Amazing!

October 15th

Elliott made a Yoshi pumpkin to enter into the Storybook pumpkin competition at school. 






October 15th

Someone in my neighborhood had the exact same play house that I turned into a tikki hut.  They turned it into a haunted house!


October 16th

Elliott- 9 years 10 months

October 17th

Blazing sun

October 19th

Why was in important to take a picture of this bowl of fruit?  I don't remember. 

October 22nd

Got a whole burning candle thing going here. 

October 23rd

We got the NASA pictures printed and into the frames.  This was in-lieu of ordering school pictures in January.

Also the 23rd

A gorgeous sunset. 



October 24th

October 26th

I have had this cart/stand in my office since 2010.  My school got a new campus built for us so I had to bring everything home over the summer, including this cart.  Before I moved everything onto the new campus, I decided to paint it.

Before:


After:

October 27th

I had an appointment with one of my surgeons.  This was in the waiting room. 


Also the 27th

I finally took all of my stuff into my new room on the new campus.  This is the mess I had to begin.



And this is what it looked like by the time I left that day. 







Up next: A spooky house.
Up after that: all the late October festivities: Halloween, costumes, a party, pumpkin patch, jack-o-lanterns. 

No comments: