Thursday, May 5, 2022

Oct 9- night, Oct 10 and 11

As soon as we got to my brother's house again on Saturday, October 9th we had to get ready to go to dinner.  We left Spencer in charge of Bella and Elliott, and Benjamin got put to bed.  Then Nathan and I ubered to Bern's Steakhouse and Michael and Kendra met us later. 

The entry



We had to split up because we didn't have a reservation and the place was completely booked for the night.  Nathan and I had cocktails while we waited for a table in the bar. 

Comparison to 2016!

At the table

When Nathan took me to Bern's in 2016 we had the steak tartar.  I had been thinking about it every day since then.  I insisted we do a repeat. 

I don't remember what this was. 


My french onion soup. 

Michael's salad.

Michael, Nathan, and I shared this tomahawk. 

Kendra got the mac and cheese and onion straws. 


After dinner Michael and Kendra went home and Nathan and I went upstairs for dessert.  I got another flight of port.   Another, meaning my first flight was in 2016.


2016 comparison!

We shared a Baked Alaska.



Nathan ordered all sorts of hideous liquors that tasted like hairspray. 

Even though we didn't leave until between 1 and 2 am, every uber, as well as every lyft, in Tampa was taken, so we had to take an actual taxi home. 

On Sunday the 10th, our last day of the trip, we rented a boat for a family cruise around Tampa. 
















Captain Kendra








After the family boat ride my brother, Michael, and Spencer went to pick up dinner.  The rest of us drove around Davis Island where Nathan and Kendra lived before Bella was born.  I had never been there. 

The house they lived in.  Spencer actually stayed there when my mom and dad took him to Tampa when he was five. 



Pretty scenery




My brother's house decorated for Halloween. 

We left the next day.  I think our flight left Tampa at 6:00 am, and it was direct, so we got into Phoenix at 9:00 am. (Remember- time difference.  We didn't actually take a fighter jet home.)

Spencer was a teenage bum. 


And THAT, finally, is the end of blogging about our fall break trip from seven months ago!

No comments: