Sunday, May 15, 2022

Feb 16-28

This is going to be a long post.  I thought about splitting it into two, but I really just want to be DONE with February and move on to March, so, just scroll fast.  There are a lot of pictures, but I tried to limit the text.

Elliott's 10 year 2 month photo on the 16th. 

My friend Lauren gave me all of these little finger puppets and I took them to work on the 18th. 

My friend Megan, who was my roommate when I attended the University of New Hampshire through an exchange program, came to visit on the 18th. She brought her husband Marc and their three kids, Nicky, Clara, and Charlotte.  Megan and Marc were supposed to visit in May 2020 but that was canceled because of COVID, so this was the two-year overdue trip (that was really 20 years overdue because we met in 1999!).

They got here Friday afternoon, the 18th.  We mostly hung out at home and they went to bed early because of the long day of travel and the time change. 

We went to the Botanical Gardens on Saturday the 19th.  The Chihuly glass exhibit was there and gorgeous, so I took lots of pictures.  
.













The kids played for a long time in the "kid zone".






The girls

The boys (Spencer stayed home with Kevin)

The kids

Inside of the hut




On Sunday the 20th we started the day at the train park in Scottsdale.





Spencer stayed home with Kevin again. 

We spent the afternoon at the Natural History Museum in Mesa. 






This is what Spencer and Kevin did while we were gone. 
Our friends had to leave on Monday the 21st to drive to Las Vegas to continue their trip.  We took all the photos before their departure. 



Couldn't let them go without a comparison to 1999.

I went out for margaritas with Ellen and Michelle on the 22nd because it was National Margarita Day.

Kevin on the 23rd.


We went to spend the day with Laura, Josh, Sara, and Samantha on the 26th.  I tried to bowl with one of the slides, but it still killed my arms and Michael had to finish for me.  Post-mastectomy, I just can't do it. 



Laura had never given me my Christmas present, so I got it that day. 


And now, March!




No comments: