Wednesday, May 18, 2022

March 21-31

I took Kevin for a walk the night of Monday, March 21st.  This owl swooped over my head and he was so close I felt it.  I think he was trying to eat Kevin, but reconsidered when he got a bit closer and saw how big he is.  He landed across the park, I took a few pictures, and then he flew into a tree.

He looks like a cat, but I promise it was an owl.

Elliott went to the orthodontist on Tuesday the 22nd.  He does not need braces yet and most likely won't need another palate expander. 
Elliott went to a friend's house on Wednesday the 23rd.  Both kids were still on spring break that week.  Spencer and I went to the movies to see Spiderman again.  We were the only ones there. 

Cocktail in the theatre. 

Kevin's adoption anniversary/his birthday was the 24th.  We weren't all going to be home together until really late that day, so we pre-took pictures on the 23rd. 



His actual birthday.

Trying to get a good picture of him. 





I can work with this!

Happy birthday Kevin!

I went to work that afternoon.  I added rainbows to the bottom of my window. 

I also hung up all of the now laminated posters.


Then I went to happy hour and dinner with Ellen and Michelle.  We had too much fun. 

I cut the crap out of my fingers the morning of Friday the 25th.  It was a stupid shaving accident.  I had an appointment with my oncologist that day so I went all bandaged. 

We went to Tucson that evening.  Drinks with my parents helped the throbbing fingertips. 


 

Kevin in Tucson.

Driving home. 

My friend Heather came over on Monday the 28th.  It was her birthday so we did all the festivities. 

I saw my radiation oncologist on the 29th. 

I brought and wore my own robe. 
Heather had spent the night on Monday night, so she was there on Tuesday too.  We were accidentally twinning. 

I captured Kevin with his very favorite toy on the 30th.  He will sometimes bring this pig to bed.   That's how much he loves it. 



And that is March.  Up next: April and Easter.  We're inching ever so close to the current timeline. 

No comments: