Saturday, May 7, 2022

November 16- the day before Thanksgiving

Kevin and I walked outside the morning of November 16th and were greeted with carnage right in front of our house.  A bird had been murdered and all that was left was a wing and the head.  I should have known this was a bad omen for the day.  I don't remember exactly what happened, but there was chaos that day. 




The 16th was the 25th anniversary of the day Michael and I met.  We decided to go out for dinner.  Spencer took our picture.  Hilarious, Spencer.  Hilarious. 

Better

At our fancy dinner.


Elliotts 9 year 11 month picture when we got home that night. 
There was another bird murder a block away from our house on the 18th.  Feathers and a head this time.  Not even a whole wing. 


Kevin was less disturbed than I was. 

November 19th.

Elliott and I built an igloo for his class project.  We finished it on the 20th. 




My favorite Thanksgiving mug on the 20th. 
And the new addition to the outside bistro.  This belonged to my grandparents dating back to the 50's.  Then my parents used it, then my brother Nick used it. 
Michael and I went out for cocktails before we went shopping for Thanksgiving groceries on the 23rd.  I love this tradition. 

We drove to Tucson on the 24th and were greeted by a lovely sunset. 


Up next: Thanksgiving and the couple of days of November after it. 

No comments: