Wednesday, May 18, 2022

A Girl's Weekend

Laura and Chelsea came up on March 31st and spent the whole weekend with me.  Michael and the kids went down to Tucson on the 1st to spend the weekend with Laura's family.  Laura and Chelsea went hiking really early on Friday morning, then we went shopping, then we came home and napped/rested.

First things first.......we were supposed to drink this magnum prosecco that I got for Christmas over MLK Jr weekend.  Remember, that weekend was canceled because Spencer got covid.  We drank it on Friday after our napping/resting.  

The bottle on the right is just a comparison to show you how big the magnum was. 


We had to ice it in a bucket. 


There were shenanigans. 



I made enchiladas for dinner so we stayed home on Friday night and went to bed at a completely reasonable time.  No, seriously. We did.

I walked Kevin that morning. He decided a rest in the grass was a priority. 


We ubered to Scottsdale on Saturday for a very fancy brunch at Maple & Ash.

We had espresso martinis at the bar first. 

And we had to take this picture to compare to, 

1999 in Chicago.
The rest of the pictures are just of the meal.  We ordered the "I Don't Give a F*#k" which means they just keep bringing you different courses, but you don't specifically order anything but your individual entree. And that is seriously what it's called.

This was an espresso drink with citrus in it. 

Beignets

Bottomless mimosas with different fruit purees.

Shrimp and bloody mary shooters. 

Warm seafood tower.  I cannot even stress how good this was. 

I got a crab benedict for my entree.

Laura got steak and eggs. 

And Chelsea got a hash. I don't remember what was in it, but it had truffle and it was excellent. 

Steak with a chimichurri sauce

Roasted potatoes

Scones

Thick cut bacon

I think these were toppings for the scones

We had cappuccino and dessert too.  All of these had fancy names and were incredible, but I forget what anything was. 



There were definitely shenanigans.


We ubered home that day and then took loooooooong naps.  We snacked on leftovers for dinner, went to bed early, and then they left early on Sunday.  

It took me five days to recover.

OK......This is the plan.  There are two more posts about April.  That will include Easter.  There is no festive Easter home post because I never took pictures.  Then, yes!  Yessssssss!  We will be in May, in May! It should happen on Friday.  

No comments: