Tuesday, June 21, 2022

A week in Flagstaff

My dad was made the Director of Arizona Boys State in 2019, then 2020 and 2021 were canceled because of COVID.  The program was back on this summer, so I sent Elliott and Kevin to Tucson to stay with my mom, and Spencer and I went to Flagstaff to help for the whole week. 

We left home the morning of Saturday, June 4th.  First stop, gas.  We thought this guy was underdressed, even for a gas station. 


We stopped for coffee and burritos. 

And then, on the road at last.......My dad goes blowing by us on the freeway.  Not planned.  

I was too busy working to really document the whole week, but these are the highlights. 

Opening ceremonies on Sunday night.  Oh, by the way, my brother Nick was there too. 

Jeremy and Spencer in their matching shirts. 

Spencer's 14 year 9 month photo on Monday the 6th. 

Staff photos on Monday or Tuesday.  I honestly don't remember.

Yvonne braiding Levi's hair.


Impressive.

Election results on Wednesday the 8th. 



Spencer looking dapper for the inauguration on Thursday the 9th. 

Inauguration

Waiting for more election results on Friday the 10th. 

Jeremy and I coordinated the talent show on Friday. 

And Jeremy fell asleep as I drove him home on Saturday the 11th. 

Reunited on Saturday the 11th. 

Up next: I return to work in person for the first time in two years, and then Father's Day. 

No comments: