Monday, December 7, 2020

The rest of October

Except for Halloween and the Halloween festive house, this post has the rest of October.  I tried to be as brief as possible. 

Tuesday Oct 13th

Michael and I have been going out for breakfast after we get the kids off to their first day of school since Elliott was in kindergarten.  We hadn't eaten in a restaurant since March, so we ordered take-out breakfast and ate at home after the kids went to their second first day of school. 


Wednesday Oct 14th

Spencer is required to read 30 minutes a day in junior high and he wanted to get some new books, so we went to a local book store in Tempe to get them.  We had planned on picking dinner up and bringing it home, but the restaurant we went to had a huge patio that was completely empty, so we decided to actually eat there.  As of December 5th (when I'm writing this) it is the only time we have eaten "out" since March.  This place has counter ordering, so we weren't even around wait staff without a mask. 



We went to Trader Joe's after.  I made Elliott take this picture, specifically so I could make a comparison. 

Five years apart.  Almost exactly.  The left is 10/21/15 and the right is 10/14/21.  Same Trader Joe's.
Thursday October 15th

I told Spencer her will regret doing this when his back hurts in his 30's. 

Friday Oct16th

Elliott wanted to make a pumpkin for the story book character pumpkin patch at school.  He picked Darth Maul. 


8 years-10 months
Saturday Oct 17th

I bought a new big jack-o-lantern (on the right) and it was so dark orange it made the old one look incredibly faded.  I decided to paint it.

Before


After


Same day- we made the kids recreate these photos since they popped up in our FB memories that day. Left is 2013, so seven years apart. 


We had a fall themed family zoom that day. 
Sunday Oct 18th

We had a cannoli cake?  It's been so long I don't remember why.  Maybe we had an entire Italian theme for dinner. 

My jack o lantern wine glass.  It ended up being a favorite. 
Tuesday Oct 20th

I had my hair cut and colored.

Before


During

Later during

After


Saturday Oct 24th

We had an Oktoberfest themed zoom.  Michael and I went all out. 




My dad played accordion

Sunday Oct 25th

It was the one year anniversary of the day I started taking anastrozole to prevent breast cancer from growing again.  I took this picture to post about it on FB and IG
Tuesday Oct 27th

We had a two day cold snap so we hurried and went to the pumpkin patch to take pictures. 

Our picture was a little blurry.

I tried to edit. 



Thursday Oct 29th

We carved the pumpkins.

Baby Yoda for Spencer.

Celestial orbs for me and Michael


A basset hound for Elliott
Friday Oct 30th

Our agave died last year and we finally pulled it up and all apart and had it hauled off. 

The front looks so much better without it. 

We watched the premier of The Mandalorian that night.  

OK!  That is October!  Up next is Halloween.  Then I'll do a post about the festive Halloween house, and then we'll be into November.  I hope to be caught up by December 15th, so stay tuned. 

No comments: