Saturday, December 12, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

We went to bed after midnight, so technically, this was on Thanksgiving.

Michael got into bed and pulled the covers up to his chin.  Then I walked into the bedroom and he looked like a floating head.

We drove to Tucson on Thanksgiving day.  We didn't think it was safe to spend the night down there so we just made it a same day trip.  

My brother, dressed as Charlie Brown, making cocktails.  They were spiced pear and they were delicious. 
The birds, resting.

This one was smoked. 

This one was bacon wrapped and roasted. 

Official family pictures. 

We sat in different sections in the backyard.  My mom and dad get together with my uncle once a week for dinner, so they were considered a household. 


We gave my uncle his Christmas present.  It was an advent calendar for his dog, with different dog cookies each day. 

Turkey earrings!

Obligatory food pictures. 






Individual turkey butters for each person. 



Nick and Raquel's table. 

My mom, dad, and uncle's table.

Our table.


The bar, which I never once went to because people kept just bringing me drinks.  Oh, probably because I kept asking them to bring me drinks.

I managed to get everyone in one picture. 

As soon as it got dark enough we went outside to see Nick turn on his lights for the first time.   But, I must have taken this picture earlier because it seems bright outside.
Oooh

Ahhh


Once Elliott climbed inside of this bench, 


and Spencer started standing on a rock, 

Thanksgiving was over, and it was time for us to drive home.  We got home around 9 pm, but it felt like the middle of the night. 

Just a little longer, friends.  We're almost to December! 

No comments: