Monday, December 14, 2020

Leaving November, Starting December

Saturday, November 28th was the two year anniversary of when I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  The day I was diagnosed in 2018 was a Wednesday.  I had picked up my new reading glasses the day before and I took a selfie in them when I got to work.  My doctor called with my biopsy results about an hour later.  Six months later I took a comparison, then at the year mark I took another.

Of course I took a two year comparison picture!

The comparison grid.

I had been collecting pink Christmas decor in November and December.  I didn't have anything specific in mind other than doing something for breast cancer, but this is how it all came together. 

We had a Thanksgiving themed family zoom that day. 
I went to Home Goods that evening.  They had pink nesting boxes and I knew they would look great with my pink breast cancer table.  The only problem is that they only had the big ones.  Somebody had already bought the smaller ones. 
My burn was really starting to heal on Sunday the 29th. It didn't hurt anymore and I didn't need to keep it covered all the time. 
So of course I cut the other side of the same finger that morning.  OMG!  I cut it on a plastic yogurt lid.  Who knew those things could be so sharp? 
I decorated the Christmas tree on Sunday and when I unpacked the 2019 breast cancer ornament that I got from Hallmark last year I realized it would look good on the breast cancer table.  It did.

On Monday the 30th I bought the 2020 breast cancer ornament and went to another Home Goods to get the small nesting boxes.

The table was really coming together!

This is the 2020 ornament. 

A sneak peak.  Everything was mostly done by November 30th. 

I had been rage crafting this 2020 wreath since around Halloween.  I was attaching the red wine bottle when I got the 3rd degree burn on my finger. It was finally ready on Tuesday,  December 1st. 

The last thing I added was the dumpster fire

Here's an explanation of everything on it.


And here's a better, closer view of everything. 

The murder hornet might be my favorite. 




Healing even more on Wednesday, December 2nd.  At this point the cut on the other side was causing me much more pain. 
I got my CPR renewed on Thursday, December 3rd.  Here's a newsflash- I'm not physically capable of doing chest compressions after double mastectomy, losing all my lymph nodes on the left, radiation damage, and lymphedema.  I was really sad about it when I left the class, but in the last week I've accepted it. 

It helped that the 2018 breast cancer ornament I ordered arrived that day. 
2018 is on the left.  That's the year I was diagnosed.  2020 is in the middle.  2019 is on the right.  That's the year I had all my treatment. 

I took this picture that night to send my friend Jen.  She got me this blanket after my mastectomy. 
Last year I bought a bunch of hot cocoa at Ross.  Each bag came in a little travel coffee cup.  I kept them for an entire year intending to do something crafty with them.  I finally did on Friday the 4th. 

I made a little wreath. 

It's hanging about the coffee maker. 

That afternoon we took my 18 month hair growth pictures. 





December 4, 2019 to December 4, 2020

Spencer was so amused with me on Saturday the 5th.

And finally, we had a doggy memorial family zoom that afternoon. 

OK, friends.  My goal was to get caught up with blogging by December 15th.  Tomorrow I will blog about December 6th to the 12th and it will actually happen.  I really did it!  Now I just need to make sure I continue and don't take a break until Valentine's Day!

No comments: