Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Just a whole lot of zooming

I went to Kohls on Sunday, Dec 6th.  Last year they had a $600 sloth.  This year it's a $600 llama.  I'd like both.


13 years- 3 months

Healing even more
I wore a Santa hat during all of my virtual sessions on Monday the 7th.  The kids loved it!  I decided to wear something silly on my head for every session the rest of the month. 
My hair was a mess by the end of the day though, and Michael and I went out to run some errands that night.  

Half pony to the rescue!

Nothing happened on the 8th and 9th except pictures of Winston, our elf.  I'll do a post about him soon. 

Thursday the 10th was a work holiday for me.  I've been doing a zoom happy hour with my friends/co-workers Ellen and Michelle every other Thursday since March.  Since it was a holiday for us we decided to do a brunch happy hour.

It was fantastic!

Ellen and Michelle had boozy coffee.  I did mimosas. 

I took pictures of these towels before I washed them on Friday the 11th.  I just thought they looked festive. 
I saw my breast cancer surgeon for a follow-up that day.  The appointment went well.  She doesn't need to see me for an entire year, but that's only because I'm still doing six month appointments with my other doctors. 

I wore my survivor shirt.

And then changed into my own pink robe. 
The kids had their winter piano recital that night.  It was all on zoom. Elliott had asked me to buy him a tuxedo, but with short notice this is the best I could do.  I think he looked snazzy in this suit even though it's not a tuxedo. 


Saturday the 12th was an entire day of zoom for me. 

At 10:00 my sisterhood friends and I did our Secret Santa exchange.  I got Amy and sent her a wooden wall hanging of Arizona (because she lives in Indiana now).   Maryellen got me.
After the zoom was over I took pictures of everything that Maryellen sent me. 

Felt Garland #1- I draped over the top of the hutch. 

Felt Garland #2- I draped over the doorway to the dining room. 

Felt Garland #3- I draped over the pictures in the hallway bathroom. 

Santa Baby Yoda- I put in the bottom corner of the mirror. 

Sloth socks- I put on the sloth!

At 4:00 we had a family zoom.  The theme was my dad's birthday. 
And finally, at 6:00, I had an ugly Christmas sweater zoom with my friends in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. 

Cathy had sent me this little movie night pack in the mail because she couldn't deliver baked goods for me. 

Ugly sweaters!
It happened to be the one year anniversary of my DIEP flap breast reconstruction which was my seventh surgery in eleven months.  It was also the longest surgery of 2019, clocking in at eight hours.  Of course I needed to do a comparison. 

I really should have worn an ugly sweater to the hospital last year. 

And with that, my friends, we are back to present times!!!! 

No comments: