Sunday, November 4, 2018

Halloween dance and party

The next four-ish posts will be all Halloween all the time.  Get ready. 

On Friday night, October 26th we went to the family dance at the kid's school.  It was a trial run for their costumes.

Each grade level had tables set up for games and trick-or-treating.

We were scheduled to attend Shireen's annual Halloween Party on Saturday the 27th, but first we took an ill advised Saturday afternoon trip to Costco.  As we were headed up to the check-out I saw these American Doll kits.  They had one named Maryellen, so I took a picture for Maryellen. 
I went to four stores that day looking for zebra tights or leggings.  None were found. 

I did find these in little girl's size, but it was the wrong kind of zebra print. 

Still little girl's size and correct type of print, but wrong animal. 
I finally decided to just paint some for myself.  So, I now present, Our Family Costume 2018:

The Safari Family!
I don't know how we've managed to pull off six years of family costumes, but I've got the collage to prove it. 

The party pictures!

John and Maryellen were The Dude and Maude from The Big Lebowski.

It was a pretty close likeness!

Am I in the photo?  Am I photobombing?  Who knows. 

Safari guide Michael with The Dude's hair. 

Me and Spencer 

We had a small representation of the Sisterhood this year.  We were missing Brenda and Lauren. 


In character as Maude. 

Out of character. 

Being silly.


Prizes for costume winners. 

Shireen ready to announce the winners. 

We won!  I came in 3rd place for adults and Spencer came in 2nd place for kids. 

The Dude Zebra. 

Skeleton zebra. 

I took some pictures of the decorations as we left. 

This little lion photobombed me just as I clicked. 


All in all, another successful year of costumes and Halloween fun, and it wasn't even Halloween yet! 


No comments: