Sunday, November 18, 2018

Stuff and then Friendsgiving

On Tuesday the 13th we were all back to work and school.  It is quite hard going back after a nice long weekend.  That evening Spencer volunteered for Student Council at a fundraiser the school was having.  He helped do face painting. 

The principal read to all of the kids. 
We ate dinner in the dining room on Wednesday the 14th.  I love eating in the dining room.  It's my favorite room in the house.  For some stupid reason the kids, particularly Spencer, hate it.  All I hear are groans. 

It's all decked out in its holiday best.  I still need to do a post with all the turkey decor.  It's coming, I promise. 

Right before bedtime on Thursday the 15th Spencer was complaining about his very loose tooth.  I told him to bite into a tootsie roll.

He did. 

It was a bloody mess, which I don't understand because there was nothing left to hold that tooth in. 
I took the kids to school early on Friday the 16th so Spencer could help sell donuts for Student Council. 
I spent a lovely day at home that day.  I went through the candle cabinet and did some organizing.  Look what I found all the way in the back.

I bought this thing in France in.........wait for it.........1999.  That means it's been boxed up and moved at least six times.
I think I kept it for 19 years because I was mad about this.  I burned it maybe three times and then the wick would no longer burn.  I guess I could have popped the wax out, melted it and poured it back in with a new wick, but that is total nonsense.  I finally just popped the wax out and threw it away so I could at least recycle the container.  I'm slowly shaking my head about its entire sad saga. 
Spencer went out with a friend and his friend's family on Friday night.  

That left Elliott home with us to celebrate the 22nd anniversary of the day Michael and I met. 

Elliott took our picture. 
Obligatory picture of the first picture of Michael and me together.  It was taken a few months after we met.  
I had stopped at Trader Joe's on my way home from dropping Spencer off and bought dinner, prosecco, and flowers.  
We remembered Elliott's 6 year 11 month pictures right before bed.  He picked the outfit and the location. 

This was his silly pose. 

Official
On Saturday the 17th I tried skinnies nail wraps for the first time.  They are shorter lasting than regular jamberry wraps.  

This is the before. 

And the after. 

That afternoon we went to a Friendsgiving/Franksgiving at Gloria's house. 

This is everybody that used to work at Frank School that is part of the Frank Friends group.  It's the second group that I belong to from Frank School, where I haven't worked in 11 years. 

Everybody that was wearing purple, except Adam who somehow got away. 



No comments: