Friday, November 16, 2018

Veteran's Day weekend

Let's pretend that Veteran's Day weekend was Friday to Monday, OK?

On Friday the 9th I taught Art Masterpiece all day in 5th grade.  I've done three lessons and I have three lessons left before May. 
Elliott got in trouble that night for using a marker to color on the couch.  These are the notes he left in the hallway for us after we sent him to his room. 

Spencer was cozy on the couch that night. 
We did some Christmas tree browsing on Saturday the 10th.  We had already bought one from Costco, but I was nervous about it and wanted to see other options. 


Eventually I'm going to insist that we move to a 9 foot tree like this one. 
On Saturday afternoon I took Elliott and his friend Blake to the mall.  

We had a snack, 

checked out the bath bombs at Lush, 


and played at the Lego Store. 
I had done my nails on Thursday but didn't take my nail picture until Saturday evening.  Those are our sheets in the background. 
Michael and I watched a movie on Saturday. We had a whole little thing going with the candles and wine. 
Sunday was Veteran's day.  I posted these pictures with these words on Facebook. 

My grandfather, Steve, served in the Navy in Papua New Guinea during WWII. His ship was hit and sunk by a Japanese kamikaze. My grandfather, Ken, served in the Marine Corps in Guadalcanal during WWII. He lost most of his hearing when an ordnance exploded close to his head. My dad, Larry, served in the Navy in Guam during the Vietnam War. He was a Naval Cryptologist and broke codes. My brother, Nathan, served in the Marine Corps in Iraq during the Iraq War. He was in a Bulk Fuel Unit and was there when the United States-led coalition overthrew the government of Saddam Hussein. My brother, Nick, obtained a Congressional nomination and appointment to the United States Merchant Marine Academy and served in the Navy Reserves. He has sailed more than a million miles around the world.
I am so proud of all of them that I could burst into a million pieces, that would of course be red, white and blue and glittery. Liberty comes at a price and the men and women who serve our country are willing to pay that price for our freedom and for peace. Thank you to all of our veterans.

Stephen

Kenneth

Larry

Nathan

Nicholas

On Monday we were all off from work and school and we went to see the new Grinch movie. 


No comments: