Monday, November 5, 2018

One million pumpkins

OK, the beginning of this post is not about pumpkins.  It's about piles of school work.  I promise 99% of this post is about pumpkins, but we have a wee bit to discuss before that. 

I have two boxes in the hallway outside of the kid's bedrooms.  One box is for Spencer's school work/art work and one box is for Elliott.  We're supposed to go through them every summer, keep a few items to remember that grade by, and then purge the rest.  We never did it this past summer.  We never did it over fall break.  We finally did it on Sunday, October 28th.  Late much?

The left pile is Spencer's keep pile, the right is his recycle pile. 

Recycle for Elliott. 

Keep for Elliott. 

Also, not a pumpkin, by my nails looked awesome as I took the zebra stripes off that day. 
I volunteered in Elliott's class on Monday the 29th. Here's the part where it gets really pumpkiny.  After I was done volunteering I went into the library to vote for the Storybrooke Pumpkin Patch competition.  I could pick three. 





The Grinch got one vote. 






Harry Potter got the second vote. 




Our very own Humpty Dumpty got the third vote.  (Side note.  We didn't win.) 



That evening, we went to the grocery store to buy big pumpkins to carve and then to a local patch to take pictures and to buy a little pumpkin. 


Then it was home to carve these beauties. 

Black Panther for Spencer

A G and a heart (not the word Go) for Ginger. 

And outer space for Elliott. 


No comments: