Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

My parents went to Florida for Thanksgiving this year.  We stayed at their house without them, and my brother Nick hosted dinner.  It was all totally different. 

I made sweet potatoes, spinach gratin, and a pumpkin trifle. 

The pumpkin trifle looking all artful. 
There was nobody there to take our picture, so I set up the camera with the timer and tested the lighting for outside pictures. 

Not so great.  It was totally overcast, but the kids acted like the sun was blasting them in their faces. 


We tried inside, and it was more successful. 

Then we headed to Nick's house.

He rubbed the turkey with pepperoni butter and then wrapped it in bacon. 

Baked brie

All the appetizers

Eel pie

Drink stations


I invited my friend Brendan to join us.  My uncle gave him a measuring tape. 

Raquel showing the abundance of butter we had. 



All the guys (minus the child guys). 

Me and Lois

Spencer and Jerry

Half of the food

The dessert buffet

Spencer's version of dessert

There were so many other fun and memorable moments, but I didn't capture them on camera.  We played Thanksgiving Bingo, and we spent time out by the fire pit.  Other friends dropped by.  It was a different Thanksgiving, but it was still a day of thanks and gratitude. 




No comments: