Wednesday, October 31, 2018

All me

I loaded all of these pictures from last week and then I noticed a funny theme.  All, or actually, most of the pictures are me.  How weird.  I thought this was a blog about the kids. 

Nothing noteworthy happened on Monday the 22nd so we'll skip it completely.

I worked on Tuesday the 23rd.  School pictures came back that day.  Here's my 2018-2019 school picture.  It's my 15th year as an SLP and I've probably had a picture taken about eight times. 

I don't understand these.  

Wednesday the 24th was crazy hat day for spirit week.  I wore my witch's hat from a couple of years ago.  It was so, so, SO itchy so I had to take it off during every session.  I did wear it to an IEP meeting that afternoon though.  
I was doing an "opposites" activity with some 3rd graders that morning.  I said, "Some gummy bears are sour. All M&Ms are...." One of them said, "total shit." Well bud, I like your descriptive language, but maybe tone it down a bit for the other 8 year olds.
We went grocery shopping after work.  I thought these enormous pots were hilarious.  You could make a heck of a lot of soup in one of those. 
This is probably the reason this whole post is about me.  Both kids got sick last week.  Elliott missed school on Tuesday and Spencer on Thursday.  We bought a lot of medicine for them and wine for us last week. 
Thursday was favorite sports team day.  Elliott told me I would't be able to participate because I don't have a favorite sports team.  That's true, but I improvised with a U of A shirt. 

I completed the look with a matching hair bow. 
Art I made during all of my sessions that day.  I only let myself color with the kids when all of the session notes are done.  That means it usually takes me days to finish anything. 
I had ordered two pairs of earrings from Amazon for my Halloween costume.  They were delivered on Friday the 26th.  Look at the difference in size.  I'm returning the ones on the left.  I will never wear anything that big!

And finally, my Halloween costume manicure with part of my costume in the background. 

Up next: A weekend of pre-Halloween fun, including a family dance and a party. 






No comments: