Friday, October 5, 2018

Pre-break

Great things are on the horizon- fall break, vacation, L.A., Knotts Berry Farm, the beach, decorations, and Halloween.  But, for right now we have another ho-hum report. 

The kids had piano lessons on Thursday afternoon (September 27th).  Usually Michael takes them, but he was still out of town on his business trip so I was there.

I was sitting on the phone so I could charge my phone, which put me up close and personal with the kitties. 

We have to pre-dose Elliott with benadryl before lessons, but Spencer has been on allergy shots for five years so he can handle a little kitty exposure and not swell up like Violet in the chocolate factory. 

After lessons we went to dinner and then to Target.  Awe,  Halloween time at Target.


The kids went to school on Friday and I stayed home cleaning and organizing and doing tasks I've put off for long enough.  I pulled out all of Elliott's footy jammies to give to my friend Elisa who is moving to Virginia in January. Her Tucson born and raised boys are going to need to stay warm!

I put the Halloween tablecloth on the kitchen table.  I love these doggies. 
I also mailed a present to my niece, Bella.  We recently learned that she is going to be a big sister in February and we thought that was cause for celebration. 

I had bought this card, 

and modified it for a big sister instead of parents. 
That was her present. It's a whale named Bella.  I bought it ages ago and had thought we'd save it for Christmas, but not with this big news. 
After I mailed the whale I stopped at Home Goods to look at their Halloween stuff.  I didn't buy anything scary, but a woman did have a seizure in the glass vase aisle of the store while I was there, so it was a very scary trip. 
Michael came home from Texas on Friday night.  His flight was like two hours late. He got home in just enough time to help me move our give-away pile inside for a friend to come pick it up. 
I spent all day Saturday the 29th decorating for Halloween.  I'm excited that we will get a solid month (plus) of ghosts, and witches, and jack-o-lanterns.  I'm going to take this stuff down and put turkeys up on November 4th. 

I got the lantern after Halloween last year and the jack with lights this year. 

I love the pattern it makes on the ceiling.
On Sunday morning I had breakfast with the sisterhood and then we went to the movies.  We saw Life Itself.  I read a headline that said it's the worst movie of 2018, but we all enjoyed it. 
After the movie I went to At Home specifically to look for something to organize my bathroom.  It had turned into a mess over the last five years. 

This was before.

And this is after!  Now it looks like my bathroom is a professional salon. 


No comments: