Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tucson

We drove to Tucson on Friday the 19th and spent a nice weekend with my parents. 

I went out to lunch with my friend Brendan on Saturday.  I think we were there for two hours.  Not a single picture. 

That afternoon I took pictures of my dad's Yalta Conference bench to put on Facebook.  You know, priorities. 
His friend built and painted this years ago.  My parent's dog, Geech, used to bark and growl at it when he was was walking around the house because he thought three men had broken into the backyard. 

There's a humorous picture on the back too.  Spencer never knew about it and was shocked when he saw this picture. 
On Saturday night we went to a Tucson Roadrunners ice hockey game.  It was the first ice hockey game for both Spencer and Elliott. 

Double zamboni action!




The roadrunner mascot.

I was trying to sneak a picture. 

We drove back home on Sunday afternoon.  There was a huge rain storm that hit us right by Picacho Peak.  Can you see the rainbow to the right of the mountain? 

Well, look.  There was also one to the left of the same mountain.  What?

Right after I took those pictures (I was not driving, BTW), traffic came to a sudden stop.  We thought maybe there was an accident, but once we got a little further we realized it was because a massive amount of hail had been dumped on the road and people were flipping out about it. 

There was so much it almost looked like snow. 


Look at the snow, I mean hail bank on the side of the road!
We enjoyed the rain and hail storm, and then as we got closer to the Valley we did not enjoy the wall of dust waiting for us. 

Can anybody even believe that it's almost November?  The next couple of blog posts should be pretty fun with pre-Halloween and Halloween festivities. 

No comments: