Friday, June 5, 2020

Memorial Day

After two months of staying home, I decided we should do something (but something safe) for Memorial Day.  My parents drove up from Tucson and met us at the Veterans' cemetery in Phoenix so we could pay our respects to my mom's parents. 

The place was packed.  We had to wait in a long line of cars to get in.  But once we were in the cemetery is large enough that social distancing was easy.  






My grandparent's grave.  I edited it, obviously, for internet safety. 



We left the cemetery and ordered food and then picked it up curbside and ate in a parking lot.  We kept the AC running, but my leg was in the sun for about 5 minutes and this is what happened. 

After lunch we drove to Marana to visit my other grandparent's and my aunt in the other Veterans' cemetery.  

Again, edited for internet safety.  


It was a lot of driving, and it was HOT, but seriously, what else were we going to do?

Up next: the last day of school, then Michael's birthday, then another trip to Tucson, and then we're into June. 




No comments: