Tuesday, June 23, 2020

I went to work, and then bees attacked

First of all, I have to admit that I, shockingly, made a mistake.  I thought we had our family zoom happy hour on Sunday, June 7th, but it was actually on Saturday the 6th.  GASP. 

It was a Bon Voyage theme for Nick, because he was leaving to go back out to sea.  He was actually in a hotel room in Galveston, TX for this one.  He got on his ship the next day. 

OK, now we can continue on in the correct timeline. 

On Sunday the 7th I put the second coat of paint on the step and then removed the tape. 


It was also Cancer Survivors Day, so I took these pictures for social media.  

I planned a surprise Boys State zoom for my dad that evening, since Boys State was canceled this year and it would have ended the day before. 
There isn't a single picture from Monday, June 8th, and I couldn't tell you a single thing that happened that day. 

I went to work for the first time in three months on Tuesday the 9th.  I parked outside the fence, took some stuff into my office, copied some files from my computer, printed a few things, got materials to bring home, and left.  I was there for one hour. 

I brought this sloth stuff from home.  They had been hanging on our bed frame for a year and a half. 

I was doing a zoom speech therapy session that day when our neighbor came over to tell us we had a huge swarm of bees in our backyard tree.  Well, damn.  

I went out there to inspect.  Yep.  Huge swarm of bees. 



I thought this picture at this angle looked like an old man. 

Can you see it?!

We called a bee removal service and they got to our house within two hours.  We paid extra to relocate the bees.  I didn't want to kill them.  
He basically climbed up the ladder, used a knife to cut half the swarm from the tree and then trapped them in a box.  Then he did it again with the other half of the swarm.  Then he drove them in their boxes to a mesquite grove in Mesa.  $175 for that.  




The excitement of the bees behind us, I added the decor back to the step that afternoon.  Can you see the dusty footsteps. I'm still debating if I can live with it.  Oh, and I also painted the strip at the bottom.  
Pictures of the living room on Wednesday the 10th.  We've basically replaced all of the furniture except the black shelves, and shifted everything, and moved all of the artwork.   

I love it! We should have done this years ago. 




Michael and I had happy hour in the pool that day.  


There is nothing to report from Thursday the 11th.  There aren't even any pictures. 

Same for Friday the 12th.  All I have to show is our family zoom happy hour.  There was a Flag Day theme. 

I put up all of the patriotic decor on Saturday the 13th.  I like to leave it up from Flag Day to at least a week after the 4th of July.

I took a picture of the hutch before I took it apart.  

And my hair was looking nice and long after a shower that day.  Hair on my neck!  My actual neck! 


No comments: