Wednesday, June 24, 2020

From flags to fathers

Last week started with flag day on Sunday, June 14th.  I put out all of the patriotic decorations that day, including these 8 small flags to line the walkway. 
Of course I'll do an entire post on the 2020 patriotic house, but I already took a few pictures of the front, just because of the newly painted front door and step. 

We had our Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie party that day.  It was a struggle to decide between flag clothes and Harry Potter clothes.

We premiered the new glasses.  





I made Felix Felicis using edible gold shimmer powder I ordered from Amazon.  Felix Felicis, for the non-Harry Potter readers, is a magical potion that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt will be successful. It turns an ordinary day into an extraordinary one.

I made a proper British Sunday supper, including a roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.  

There was a delectable gravy.  

And Treacle Tart, Harry's favorite, for dessert.  



Not a single picture was taken on Monday the 15th, and the only picture on Tuesday the 16th was Elliott's 8 year- 6 month pic.  
Apparently Wednesday the 17th was a non-day in our lives as well, because there is nothing to report. 

I went to my dermatologist on Thursday the 18th, and saw my friend John after my appointment.  He's one of my doctor's physician assistants. 
We got this teeny tiny watermelon in our grocery order last week, so I took a picture because it was funny.  Michael thought he got a great price for it, which he did, but he thought he was ordering something bigger.  

I had an appointment with my breast cancer surgeon on Friday the 19th.  She operated on me three times last year, and I don't think I ever gave her a gift, so I brought her a little something.  


I matched my mask to my dress. 

But then felt like a fool when I didn't have another mask to match my robe.  

And finally, a Father's Day themed family happy hour that evening.  You can't really tell, but I was dressed like my dad in a polo shirt and a bolo tie.  My dad doesn't wear those two things together, but those are two of his signature pieces. 

Up next: all the things Father's Day. 



No comments: