Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The last full week of summer break

The kids and my parents were flying home from Florida on Monday, July 15th.  That day was my last child-free day. 

Maryellen and I had brunch.

I also went to Target to return this spray because the nozzle was missing from it. 
Both kids and I had appointments at the orthodontist on Tuesday the 16th.  Spencer got his phase 2 braces. 

We took Elliott's 7 year- 7 month pictures that evening. 


Official
I had saved some science and outer space shows for Elliott to watch while he was gone.  He watched two of them on the 17th.  He was totally into them. 

Both kids refuse to drink Powerade because they claim it's awful.  They love Gatorade though.  I did a blind taste test with them on the 18th. 

Spencer identified them correctly. 


Elliott didn't.
We had Meet the Teacher that night.  Spencer has four 6th grade teachers, but I only took a picture with his homeroom teacher. 

Elliott has the same 2nd grade teacher as Spencer.  She's their first shared teacher. 
Friday was a busy day.  Spencer had an appointment at Phoenix Children's.  After it I dropped him off at a friend's house for afternoon swimming and Elliott went to our neighbor's house. 
Then my dad and I went to a White Coat Ceremony for a family friend that is starting medical school. 



All the medical students coming in. 


The keynote speaker was a doctor from Harvard.  She was fantastic. 

Levi is in the green shirt. 


He got his white coat and then his stethoscope. 


There was a little reception after. 




I considered taking these flowers.  I didn't. 





And finally, on Saturday morning Maryellen and I attended a memorial service for Brenda's sister.  I had never met Brenda's sister, but I wanted to be there for Brenda.  It was a beautiful service. 

Up next: a pool party and then back to school for the kids. 

No comments: