Friday, July 19, 2019

Another week without kids: part 2

On Thursday the 11th Jeremy and Annette came over and hung out with me in the afternoon before we went to dinner that night. Jeremy and I ended up going shopping together and somehow both ended up buying bird baths.  The worst part is that we were both so excited about buying these bird baths. 

These are pictures that he did on snapchat.  

We had gone shopping to buy materials for Jeremy to make this shadow box for the wife of a deceased veteran.  I think it came out beautifully. 

I bought the two red, white and coffee mugs.  They were $1 each!

Another snapchat at dinner.

We were celebrating Annette's birthday early.  Another friend of theirs joined us too. 

On Friday the 12th I bought candy to fill this jar to give as a gift.  It says "Snaccident" on it. 

Michael and I drove to Tucson that afternoon.  Picacho Peak looked lovely on the way. 


We had dinner with Elisa that night.  Elisa moved to Virginia in January, but they were back visiting. 

A disgusting palo verde beetle at my parent's house that night. 
There was bird poop all over my parent's patio when we got there. The next day, Saturday the 13th, we discovered a bird had built a nice nest in the tree. 

We found the bird. 

Then we found the bird's baby. 
I don't know if you've heard, but Charming Charlie's is going out of business and closing all of their stores.  I went to the one in the Tucson Mall on Saturday.  A woman in front of me in line was SHOCKED that she got such a good deal.  The cashier said that the sales would keep getting better and better each week until they closed.  The woman said, "until what closes?"  She was somehow completely unaware that everything was on sale because the store was closing.

These were plastered every five feet all around the store. 
And finally, on our last childless night, Michael and I went to happy hour on Sunday the 14th.  My drink was served in a can. 

Up next, the kids come home and we finish summer vacation. 

And with that, I think I'm basically all caught up! 

No comments: