Sunday, July 7, 2019

From a questionable purchase to a patriotic candy bowl

I had to run some errands on Monday the 17th.  I specifically needed to go to Michael's to get a star shaped punch (you'll see why later in this post) and when I was there I noticed they had all of their garden stuff 80% off.  I ended up buying this Hobbit house with a garden gnome.  It might just be one of the stupidest purchases I've ever made. 

I was showing someone the nitro cold brew I bought from Costco on the 18th.  If you've never had nitro cold brew, you should. 

Every summer this bush by our pool blooms and every summer I do a photo shoot with it.  It happened on Wednesday, June 19th this year.






I had to submit a ridiculously large and comprehensive bid proposal for my job this year.  I have to do the bid every year, but for all nine years I've worked there it has been one page.  This year it was nine pages long.  I turned it in on the 20th.



Selfie on my awesome Froot Loops shirt on the 21st.

And that night we joined my dad at the American Legion convention in Phoenix. 
I hosted the June Sisterhood get-together on the 22nd.  Lauren was in Michigan, Shireen had family in town, and Brenda was busy with her family, so it was a small group of me, Maryellen and Joni. Joni brought her kids too.

This is why I needed the star punch.  I punched out one billion tissue paper stars and we made patriotic candy bowls. 






After everyone left I went to Target.  I almost bought this for my brother who was celebrating his birthday that day, but I didn't.  That was a big mistake. 

No comments: