Thursday, July 25, 2019

A pool party and back to school

Jeremy and Annette came over for an afternoon pool party on Sunday the 22nd.  Spencer's ear hurt so he didn't swim.  He was our photographer though.

The shallow end was too shady, 

so we all swam over to the deep end. 

Spencer's ear still hurt on Monday the 22nd and I couldn't get him in to his pediatrician at all that day so I ended up taking him to his pulmonologist.  Hey!  It's still a doctor.  A pulmonologist can look in ears too. 

We were in a new room where we had never been before.  The kite room.  I loved the cover on the light. 
Spencer was diagnosed with an ear infection, so after the appointment I went to get his prescription medicine and got sidetracked at Maurice's.  I liked this dress, but it was too short.  I couldn't have worn it to work and without it being a work appropriate dress it was too expensive.  Now looking at this picture it doesn't seem too short, but it really was. 
I had to pick Nick and Raquel up at the airport that night.  This was waiting in the cell phone lot.  The sky looked like a storm was probably brewing, and it was because we got our first monsoon that night. 
First monsoon of the summer means it's time for the kids to go back to school!  We bought them new lunch boxes for this year because their old ones had had it after two years of use and abuse.

This is the "before".  We'll see how they fare. 
Their first day of 2nd and 6th grades was Tuesday the 23rd. I'm going to do a separate post with all of the first day pictures, but here's a sneak peek. 
Michael and I went on a day date while they were at school.  We went to breakfast and then to see the movie Stuber. 

We were right down the street from AJ's so after the movie we went for an iced tea and a little treat. 


I decided to get my 40th birthday cake from AJ's. 
That afternoon I decided to take down all of the 4th of July decorations. I took the outside wreath down from the front door and carried it inside.  As I set it down on the floor eggs just started crashing down all around me.  I was HORRIFIED.  I killed these baby birds.  

OH MY GOD 

Once I figured out that eggs weren't just falling from the sky and that a bird must have built a nest on the wreath and left eggs in said nest, I started looking for it. It took me close to a minute to even find it.  I thought the nest would be on the wooden part and made out of wood. 

Nope.  This bird used soft cotton batting and built a nest inside the loop of a ribbon.  


This egg didn't completely crack open, but there was a fracture on it. Look how tiny! 
Our back-to-school tradition is to take the kids out to dinner the first day of school. We went to Cheddars.  
Spencer whispered to Michael to be grumpy right as I took the picture.  I guess this is Spencer's grumpy face.
Spencer thought they were doing it for one picture, but Michael kept it up for the second.  He might even be grumpier here.  

Finally.  Cooperation.  

Elliott and I nailed it in one shot. 

I would like to point out that I just blogged about things that happened on TUESDAY on THURSDAY.  I am a blogging champion. 

No comments: