Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Another week without kids: part 1

After less than 48 hours at home we took the kids to the airport on Sunday, July 7th to fly to Tampa. My parents had already been in Florida for two weeks, so the kids were flying as unattended minors. 

Despite being overly tired, they were both in a good mood. 

Final pictures with mom and dad. 





Getting ready to board.  They were the first passengers on the plane. 

We had to sit and wait in the terminal until they were actually in the air.  We had to be there in case something happened to prevent the plane from leaving since they were unattended minors. 
As we were driving out of the parking garage we saw Michael Phelps sitting in the backseat of a car.  His driver followed us out of the parking garage and then we took the same street out of the airport.  Once we got to this intersection we went straight and they pulled into a Circle K.  I think Michael Phelps needed a Polar Pop. 

My Michael and I went to breakfast and then we went to see the new Men in Black. 
I went to the dentist on Monday the 8th.  Yes, I am wearing the same shirt I wore the day before.  I took this and sent it to Nick because he called while I was waiting.
That night Michael and I went to dinner at Jason's Deli because we had a gift card for there. 
We went across the street to AJ's for dessert.  I made the monumental mistake of drinking a cappuccino at 7:00 pm.  I finally went to bed at 3:00 am after this little cup. 
It didn't stop me from getting more coffee on Tuesday morning the 9th.  Cold brew with cold foam.  Yum. 
Michael and I met for lunch that day and a guy in the restaurant insisted on us taking our picture in the enormous chair.  

My manicure from last week. It's the first time in a long time that I did a full set of jamberry wraps. 
That night Nick and Raquel came up from Tucson and spent the night with us before they flew to Chicago the next day.  We went to dinner where we all had a cocktail and a glass of wine.  Everyone did it, but there is only a picture of me. 

Then we went next door for dessert and a nightcap. 

Part two of our childless week is up next! 




No comments: