Monday, July 1, 2019

Camp and Boys State

We have made it to June, my friends! I am going to be quite brief so that we can blast through this month. 

Our cappuccino maker broke a few years ago and we haven't replaced it.  I love a good cappuccino though, so on June 1st I made this fake cappuccino with frothed milk.
Spencer left to attend Camp Not-A-Wheeze on the 2nd. This is the asthma camp for the state of Arizona.  He was very resistant to going, but ultimately he loved it and asked if he could go back next year. 

It was about an hour process to get him all checked in.  He had to go through an entire airway assessment and physical. 





We had no communication with Spencer while he was gone for the week, but we checked the camp's Facebook page multiple times a day hoping to catch a glimpse of him.  I took these pictures from their page. 

Most of the camp was fun, but they did incorporate asthma education into each day.  Look at Spencer being a mover and shaker and answering a question.  


Spencer is third from the left in the sloth shirt.  This was skit night.  

Hay ride on the last night.   You'll notice they are sitting on boxes and not hay.  There was no hay and  there were no fires at asthma camp!


They emailed us these pictures after Spencer came home.



I worked on June 5th.  It was my first work day since May 23rd.  Before I switched my calendar to June I took a picture of May.  Oh Ginger. 

I was wearing a sweet, sweet Froot Loops shirt that day. It was from H&M. 
I had gone a little insane there and bought two dresses too.  H&M is so hit and miss.  Sometimes they have cheap stuff that appeals to the 16 and under crowd.  Sometimes they have lovely stuff appropriate for work. 

I decided very, very last minute to go up to Flagstaff for one night while my dad was at Boys State.  I drove up on Friday the 7th and came home less than 24 hours later.  I arrived moments after the board voted him as the Director.  He's been waiting 20+ years for this. 
While I was gone on the 7th Spencer came home from camp.  There was absolutely no way for us to get a picture of him on the 6th, so his 11 year 9 month photo was, gasp, a day late. 

Interesting lighting and background choice, Michael.  I guess Spencer and I can never leave home again. 

The new director with his deputy director. 

No comments: