Sunday, July 28, 2019

The end of my summer break

I have been off of work since June 27th.  I go back to work tomorrow.  I'm going to work for just two days this week, but then I'm back to my regular three days a week next week.  I'm actually going to be working Monday, Wednesday and Thursday this year.  When Monday is a holiday I'll go on Tuesday instead.  I can also always do a half day on Fridays if need be. 

Let's get to my totally thrilling last week of break.

My friend Melissa, who I met when she was my Clinical Fellowship supervisor, gave me this candle at the end of my fellowship.  It was in May 2005.  I only ever burn it in the summer (it was watermelon scent) so it took me 14 years to finish.  That happened last week on Wednesday the 24th. 

Bye bye watermelon candle!


All of the 4th of July stuff ready to be put away.  
On Thursday the 25th I met my friend Heather for brunch.  I took this to send to Michael because I knew he was going to be jealous of the delectable coffee choices.  

Look at this amazing cappuccino! 

Heather insisted on taking more than one picture to get different angles.  I love her! 

My dessert crepe.  
After brunch we went to see a re-release of the original Muppet Movie.  It's the 40th anniversary.  Just like it's almost the 40th anniversary of me!
I mostly stayed home and did stuff around the house on Friday the 26th.  I thought about going to see Rocketman, but the only theaters it's left in were really far.

There was a delightful sunset that night.  

Laura and I spent a few hours together on Saturday the 27th. We went to breakfast and went shopping.  And I didn't take a single picture!

I did get a pic of my delightful glass of wine that night.  
And finally, Michael had been so jealous of my cappuccino from Thursday that we went back to the same place for breakfast this morning.  The kids got hot chocolate, but they refused pictures. 


My dessert crepe once again. 
After breakfast, Michael and Spencer went to see Spiderman, and Elliott and I went to get his hair cut and to frozen yogurt.  
I finally packed away all of the 4th of July stuff this afternoon.  I re-did the Polish Pottery on the hutch after taking everything off.  I just moved a bowl and added a bowl. 

I also moved the t-rex salt and pepper shakers to the dining room table.  

I've still never actually added salt or pepper to them though.  

And finally, we did a "blue" taste test tonight.  Spencer got them correct.  Elliott did not.  

And with that, it's time for me to go back to work. 


No comments: