Saturday, December 22, 2018

Preparations and pictures

I worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before my winter break started.

I went full reindeer on Monday the 17th.  These are the $5 antlers from Charming Charlies.

Earrings too!

The sunset was so stunning as I drove home that I had to pull over to take pictures.

Look at how much the color changed in just a few minutes. 
I had the perfect place to take pictures without power lines in the way, but there were two guys parked there taking pictures of their car.  
The occupational therapist I work with brought the materials for this little guy on Tuesday the 18th.  She just froze water in balloons and then froze the pieces together with salt. 
The kids have been waiting for this to happen for YEARS, and we finally took the picture on Tuesday. 

Q: How old are your kids?
A: 7-Eleven!

**Side note- neither of them has ever been inside of a 7-Eleven.**
On Wednesday I remembered that I had bought the kids Christmas jammies in October and they hadn't worn them yet nor had I taken their picture in front of the tree. 


2012-2018.  
There was no 2011 picture because we got 9 days with Elliott before Christmas and we were tired and ill prepared since he wasn't supposed to arrive until January. 
After we took those pictures I remembered that we had NO gifts for their teachers.  I always give Christmas gifts to their teachers!

I forced myself to the store and came up with this easy plan. 

Fancy wrapped wine for all!
I had gone to Kohls to look for wine bags. I found them, they were too expensive, so I decided to leave with new jammies for myself instead.
Thursday was my first day of Winter break.  I went to the honors assembly for Spencer in the morning.

Getting up to get his medal.


He was one of only four kids in 5th grade (one of 110+) to make the principal's list for straight A's. 

 

I did not go to it, but the Reindeer Run was that afternoon.  Malcolm's mom (Malcolm is in the middle) sent me this picture.  

And that is it for pre-holiday posts!  Up next: all sorts of festiveness!

No comments: