Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Eve

Everyone got to sleep in on Christmas Eve day.  It was much needed. 

My mom had planned an entire menu of finger foods and appetizers for dinner.  My job was to make this pastry wrapped brie and cocktail sausage numer. 

One of the cocktail sausages was a double.  Christmas miracle?

This was it pre-baking. 

We went to mass at 4:00 and then came home for our official Christmas Eve picture. 

The table, set and ready. 

The scotch, dressed and ready. 

The eggnog, aged since March. 
All the food!  
One of these things made both me and Michael quite ill at 2 am that night.  We'll never know what.  We were the only two that got it. 






Tamales!  We think this was the culprit. 

My pastry wrapped brie and cocktail sausages!

I cut the lid off to serve it. 

Dinner was ready and we were all waiting, but my dad had to watch the news. 

Dinner time. 

Brother-in-laws!



I told them to move together.  This is what they did. 
Lois assisted.  Also, my cropping got a little sloppy at this point.  I decided I can crop or I can blog.  Not both. 






Festive socks. 

Not so festive socks. 


Nick made wreaths for everyone. 


I bought sticker sheets to make the nativity.  We turned it into a competition and voted for our favorites. 
Raquel and Elliott tied for first.  There was a three way tie for second.  I was in it.  I think maybe Spencer was too.  I have already forgotten the rest. 

It used to be Spencer prepping the cookies for Santa.  The job has definitely moved on to Elliott. 

Festive jammies and sheets for this kid!

And, of course.  The food and water for the reindeer! 

No comments: