Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday- 7am

Michael is up at 5:30 and out the door by 6:20.  I don't see him in the morning.  He once told me that his co-worker's wife gets up and makes his co-worker breakfast every single day.  I patted his back and said, "that's nice".

 My alarm goes off at 6:45.  I need to be out of bed by 7:00 for the morning to go well and to be out the door by 8:00.  It's hard to do.

This is why:

We're a sleeping in kind of family.  Left to our natural state without work, school and alarm clocks I think all 4 of us would naturally rise between 8:30 and 9:00.


By the way, I was between them until I dragged my body out of bed at 7:15.  Then Spencer rolled over and took my spot.  When I took this picture I was seriously considering calling work and cancelling my day, rearranging Spencer's school schedule for the week and then crawling back in. 

I didn't.  I woke them up, we went to work and school and then at 2:00 we all went back to these exact positions for a glorious afternoon nap.

7 comments:

Maryellen said...

A 2 pm nap on a Monday? I'm totally jealous!

Michael said...

Pathetic!

Megan said...

This morning I had to get up "early" 6:30. Scott was shocked that I was out of bed before 7. I try not to make a habbit of it.

Chelsea said...

I'm so jealous! I'm up at 5 at the latest, out the door with kids in tow at 6:20. Blah.

Elizabeth said...

oh what i would give for kids that sleep-in! mine are up by 7/7:30 regardless of whether i put them down at 7pm or 11pm...

k and j said...

i would give my life for nap! i maybe get one once a week...and i need naps often these day's!

Cat said...

I hear ya', I am so NOT a morning person.