Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Has anybody been using blogger tonight?  Did you have problems? It took me so long to load these pictures that I nearly threw the computer across the room.  Aaaaah.  Frustrating. 

You know what wasn't frustrating or angering in any way?  Day 2 at Disneyland!  Here we go!

We planned on spending time at California Adventure on Day 2 (Friday), but Disneyland opened an hour earlier, so we started there first before heading over to CA Adventure.

We took the train around the park,
then stopped off at It's A Small World.  This ride was closed on Day 1 because they were still taking down their Christmas Decorations.  On January 27th.  Get with the program, Disney.
I called my dad from inside the ride and let him listen to the music.  For those of you that don't know, my dad HATES this ride (publically.  In private I think it is HIS FAVORITE), so I do my best to torment him with it.  I even had the DJ play the It's A Small World song for the father/daughter dance at my wedding.
Then we headed to California Adventure.  1st up- the Ferris Wheel.
There was absolutely no line so we ended up going twice in a row.  Spencer decided he needed a nap.
It didn't last long.  About 4 seconds really.
Then we went on the fish carousel. Two times in a row also.  We asked him at the end of the day what his very favorite thing was, and this ride was it.  
Free tortillas from the tortilla factory.
After we finished with rides over on the pier we headed back to the area with all the Bug's Life stuff.  As we were making the turn into that area I nearly ran into this tall black man with a British accent and strange scars on his face.  As we walked away I joked with Michael that I almost smacked into Seal.  Then Michael told me that it really was Seal.  I turned around and looked and it actually was.  Seal and Heidi Klum were there with their kids, although we never did see Heidi. 

Next we went on the beetle bumper cars.  I like this series of pictures because of the looks on Spencer's face.

Not too sure about this.
Hey!  This is pretty fun!
Yeah!  Do it daddy!  Bump mommy!
Yee haw!
Next we went on the spinning lady bugs.  That ride was out of control.



Then, A Bug's Life 3-D movie.
After Michael and I went on Soarin' Over California (our FAVORITE ride in either park) separately, we headed back to Disneyland.  First stop- ice cream on Main Street.
I don't know why Michael is giving us such a smoldering look.
See those people behind us?  They were teenagers, on a date, in Disneyland.  I think my whole outlook on life would be different had I dated at Disneyland when I was 16.
Much later in the day (I somehow didn't take pictures for several hours) we headed over to the Innoventions Dream home.  During the tour we were shown the "instruments of tomorrow".  The guide asked for volunteers to play the instruments.  Spencer was all about the guitar.


We got ourselves a little rock band.
Michael pretended this was his office.
Spencer enjoyed a little Elmo in the "kitchen of tomorrow".
Then finally, right before we left that night, we bought Spencer some Mickey ears.  Of course we got his name embroidered on the back.
They even let us use some hats that we in no way purchased to take a family picture.
The hat is a little big on his head, but he'll grow into it.

Day 3, aka- the last day, aka- the saddest day, is coming up next.  Hopefully.  If blogger works and I don't have a major meltdown in the process.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Good thing Haddie's not old enought to be jelous cuz she would be...

Maryellen said...

Ah, I can feel the love you had for Disneyland through your post. You definitely were smart to go now and not in the summer like some not so smart people you know. :)

Krista said...

Spencer's face in that bumper car is priceless! And Seal & Heidi? As a closet celeb fanatic, I'm jealous. Can't wait to see day 3!

Chelsea said...

I've heard some other people having issues with blogger.
Seal - awesome!
This whole day - awesome!

I'm totally reliving my trip with each of your pics! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It looks like your whole family had so much fun! Thanks for sharing all your adventures. I can't wait to have one of my own with Jacob.

Cat said...

I want to go to Disney Land! :)