Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Holiday weekend

Have you left your comment on the 500th post?  I'm missing comments from a few people that I know read this blog.  My mother left a comment, but the other person who contributed to half of my DNA has not.  Hint, hint.  The others  will just have to realize I'm talking about them without such in your face clues.

We had a busy weekend.  It was a holiday weekend, so it stretched from Friday to Monday. 

On Friday Spencer and I met Megan, Hadley and their friend Rachel at the zoo.

Spencer was a cool dude in plaid shorts and shades.

Hadley fell asleep and slept in the wagon.  Such a thing has never, ever happened with my own son so I had to take a picture.

Spencer and Rachel were master carousel riders.
Hadley was a little more cautious on her 1st ever ride.  She settled for a bench with mommy.
Friday night we drove to Tucson.

On Saturday morning I went to visit my friend Elisa.  We had a relaxing morning/afternoon eating and talking and drinking WAY TOO MUCH coffee.  Look at the meal we made.  It was delicious.
We finally exchanged Christmas presents.  We saw each other right before Christmas, but I forgot her gift and then life happened and here we are in almost March giving each other holiday themed stuff.
Saturday night I went out to dinner and to a movie with Laura.  I didn't take any pictures.  Epic fail.

Luckily, Chelsea's daughter Lilly turned 4 on Sunday and Laura and I met up again at Lilly's party.

Little Sara took best dressed at the party.  You can't see them but there are little black leggings under that purple sweater dress. A-dorable.
Spencer was in the running for best dressed, but only because of the beagle.
Lilly had a princess cake that really wasn't a cake at all.
It was cupcakes!
Here's the birthday girl with our gift.
Thank you Hobby Lobby for the "girl aisle" in your store.  Lilly loved her new board and princess dress bow/hair clip keeper.
After Lilly's party we went back to my parent's house and ate turkey.  A totally normal thing to do in late February.

Monday found us at Phoenix Children's hospital for Spencer's yearly dermatology check-up.  He was seen by his doctor and 2 residents.  His eczema is doing great.  He still has tell-tale signs on his skin-these little white bumps that I forget the name of- but no really bad spots.  The doctor said we don't need to come back for any more check-ups, unless there is a flare-up.  We can just get prescription refills through the pediatrician.  That is very good news.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Love thanksgiving in February! So glad to hear that his skin is doing well! Love your blog...love when our blogs have the same pictures...need to spend more time together so it happens more often!

Maryellen said...

That's great news about Spencer! That was also a great weekend recap. Turkey in February may be a little different but I gotta tell you, that bird looks delicious!