Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When you wish upon a star

Disneyland Day 1. 

We went during a very unbusy time of year.  It was great.  In fact, it will take you about 4 times longer to read this post than we ever had to wait for Pirates of the Caribbean.

When we first decided to go to Disneyland I told my parents that we really wanted to take Spencer to the Mickey and Friends Character Breakfast, but it was $36 a person, which seemed a little steep.  My dad misunderstood and thought I said $6 per person, which he thought seemed very reasonable.  We corrected the misunderstanding and he still agreed to finance the whole thing.  Way to go daddy!

Spencer got some new Mickey clothes for the occasion.
He was pretty psyched.





The disney people took our family picture with Mickey on their camera.  They gave us a little photo pass card so we could get our pictures on line once we got home.  Every time a disney photographer took our picture we had them scan the card.  I just looked at all of them.  Disney wants $15 for 2 4 X 6's and there is no way to copy the image.  Boo.

Daisy took Spencer by the hand and spent a good 5 minutes walking around with him, dancing and pretending to surf on little carpet surfboards.  She also gave him like 10,000 kisses.  It was very sweet.



The "real" Goofy and Donald Duck never made an appearance at the breakfast.  Spencer was only a little disappointed.
This was in the lobby of the hotel where the breakfast was.  Spencer could have happily spent all day there, which would have saved us a lot of money.
On the shuttle bus to DISNEYLAND!
See those entrance lines right after the park opened?  Oh, that's right.  There weren't any.  I'm telling you- late January at Disneyland is the way to go.
All the characters were out on Main Street right as we got there.



Then the customary statue/castle photos.  Again, do you see any crowds?



And finally!  FINALLY!  Our 1st ride.  Pirates of the Caribbean.
Spencer did not like the drop in the dark at the beginning.  It was the only thing on any ride that he didn't like.  He even did great in the Haunted Mansion.  The boy was born for rides.  He truly is our son.

On to Toontown.  Goofy's house 1st.

Goofy grows mighty large pre-carved pumpkins.

Next, Mickey's house.
Stealing mail is a federal crime.
Are you counting?  This is the 3rd Mickey of the day.  3rd outfit change too.
On to Minnie's house.


We learned that Minnie has a real cheese addiction.  She may be on the next Celebrity Rehab.

Chip and Dale's tree house. 
They are all about the nut butters and omega-3 fatty acids.
Tea cups
BTW- it ended up being way warmer than I expected on Thursday.  By noon I was burning up in my sweater so I just had to buy a Disneyland t-shirt.  I found a very cute one with a very understated and small Mickey Mouse.  Really I bought it because it was the cheapest one in the store.
The Queen.  She's apparently part of some Disneyland gang that communicates through a series of complicated hand signals.
Spencer's dinner at Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square.
Michael and I both had deep friend ham and cheese sandwiches.  Then we both had cardiac catheterizations.

Day 2, coming up......

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

My parents stayed in that hotel, so we spent a bit of time in that beach room (on our rain out day). It. Is. Brilliant.
Also? You're making me want to go back. Which I can't afford. Thanks for that.
Also again? OMG OMG OMG looks like soooo much fun!!!

Megan said...

I soooo want to go...like right now!

Kendra Forgacs said...

A couple thoughts....

1) Yes, way to go daddy for taking care of the breakfast!

2) Are you telling me that your child didn't smack Minnie across the nose? Weird.

3) Totally Jealous of your trip!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, you have really let me down. I cannot believe you, of all people, did not purchase matching Mickey shirts for all 3 of you. I'm hoping you did this on a later date during this trip...
-Megan

Krista said...

I wish I was your kid! What an awesome vacation! And once again, I'm very impressed with all the photos.....I know it had to of taken you forever to upload those!

Cat said...

Sounds like a good trip!