Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Table re-do

Almost 2 years ago (way back when we lived in our other house), we bought Spencer his own little table from IKEA.  At first I put a piece of fabric on it and it was going to be used as his little snack table/activity corner.  We left the wood natural and never painted or stained it.
When we moved into this house it became his art table.  And slowly but surely the table got trashed.  After a year it was covered in paint, crayon, markers and stickers.
Last week I finally said enough.  Michael's dad sanded the table down and brought it back to original IKEA condition (except for a few spots where the paint sat for too long).
I stained it green and put a matte protective finish ontop.
Then Spencer helped me bedazzle it with bubble stickers.


It's back in the art corner, where hopefully it will weather a little better.  Now I have to decide what to do about the chairs. Both black?  Same color green?  Natural? One black, one another color? 2 different colors?
When we went to the store to find the bubble stickers Spencer also found some 3-D Little Einstein's stickers.  He was just obsessed with them.  I agreed to buy them and let him stick them on the bottom panel of his book shelf.
I asked him to name the characters as we were sticking them on.... Annie, Leo, June and Princy.  I said, "you mean Quincy?"  He assured me that it is in fact, Princy.

That's going in the books as one of his cuter phonological errors.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think it might be law that if you have a toddler you must purchase this table set from Ikea . . . we have one as well! I love the green color you picked - very fun. The stickers are fabulous as well. As for the chairs my vote is two different colors . . . .yellow? orange? bright blue?

Eliza is VERY into Little Einsteins these days and she has a very hard time saying Quincy. She usually calls him Wincy but Princy is my favorite. :)

Krista said...

Very nice re-do! I love that you share my love for painting things....but you pull the trigger a lot easier than I do! I wish I would have been allowed to "sticker" my furniture as a kid. My parents gave that one a big fat NO!

mj said...

Spencer is so cute. I like the table. The new design and color is great.



Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate |
Washington State Speeding Ticket | SEO Dallas |
Alaska Hunting Guides

Karen said...

Excellent work! I am jealous of your craftiness.

Are you ever going to blog about the weekend events that I missed or will I forever be in the dark about that?

Maryellen said...

Nice work Natalie! The table looks great. My vote is for two black chairs or two natural chairs. What???? The sisters don't agree. Crazy ;).