Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was a bad day.  The morning, pre-8:15 was normal.  We got up, got ready and left the house. I drove Spencer to school.  I took him in, walked him to his classroom, hugged and kissed him and 3 minutes later was back at the car ready to eat my breakfast, drink my coffee and drive to work.  Except.  Except something was wrong.  Immediately.  What was it?

Oh, just some sumbitch knocked out my window and stole my purse and all of its contents.

So, I wander back into the school, totally dazed, shaking and close to tears.  I tell the owner of the school what happened and immediately call Michael and tell him to start calling all of our banks/credit card companies to cancel debit and credit cards and our checking account. Then I tell him to call verizon because my phone was also in there.

The owner of the school calls his friend/neighbor who is a detective.  I call my insurance company because I can't drive until all the glass is cleaned up and replaced.  I also call work to tell them I won't be there.

The detective comes and we talk.  Then he went above and beyond to drive to my house and check it out because the SOB's have our home address.  Everything there checks out.  Then a uniformed officer (nice bonus: he was pretty hot) comes to take the report.  Then the forensics van comes to take fingerprints.  Then the glass people come to clean up and fix the glass.  Meanwhile, Michael is making 960 phone calls to get everything shut down.  He even called Cotsco and the library to tell them my cards had been stolen.  And my sweetie pie honey even walked over to another office (it's in the same building) to get me a new fingerprint clearance card.

So, we know all of my credit/debit cards are missing. Let's take stock of everything else those bastards took from me.

My Kate Spade purse.  It is the only designer anything I owned.  This is exactly what it looked like, except mine was lined with red and white gingham. 
Bastards.  
My wallet.  Not designer or expensive, but I've had it for forever (probably since before I got married) and I was rather fond of it.
Bastards.
$30 in cash (or maybe $29- I don't remember how many ones I had).  This is about $30 more than I usually have in my wallet.
Bastards.

My driver's license.  (Obviously this is not me.  It's weird what a google image search will bring up.)
Bastards.
All of my store rewards cards- grocery stores, clothing stores, craft stores.  I've been "collecting" these for years.  I don't even know all the different ones I had.  This is going to be a real pain in the ass to fix.
Bastards.

My starbucks card, with about $16 on it.  It was a Christmas present.
Bastards.


My phone.  Not a smart phone, but it was my phone and I liked it.  And it had all of my phone numbers that I don't have saved anywhere else. 
Did I mention- bastards?
My camera.  Seriously.  My camera.  How does one blog and keep memories without a camera?  Worst of all, the camera was in a little leather pouch that belonged to my grandmother.  She died 10 years ago.  I can replace the camera, but the pouch is gone.  It's not worth anything but the emotional tie I have to it. 
Bastards.


My check book.  I normally don't carry this with me, but for some reason I wrote a check recently and it was still in my purse.
Bastards.

My 2 FAVORITE avon lip gloss colors.  There were other lipsticks in there too, including a clinique one I was pretty fond of.
B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S

My amazing avon aloe lip balm.  Worth 99 cents, but oh so wonderful.
Can I get a bastards up in here?

My Neutrogena hand cream.  I have another container at home, but it's the principal of it all.
Bastards.

My BREAKFAST.  I was going to eat this on the way to work, as is my routine every work day.
Bastards stole my food. 
They also covered my coffee in shattered glass. 
Double bastards.

This library book.  I already called the library and have been informed that I will have to pay for it, despite having a police report.
Thief bastards and library bastards.


(There was a bunch of other crap in my purse/wallet too- my CPR card, our insurance cards, change, hair brush, bag full of crayons, hair rubber bands, my work keys, antibacterial hand gel, face powder, etc. etc.  I figured you didn't need to see random google images of it all.)

So, I'm blogging at 9:30 am because we can't leave the house because I have no driver's license, no money, no access to money, dull, colorless lips and dry hands.

Oh, one more thing.  We had finally earned a free frozen yogurt to a nearby yogurt place.  That card was in there.

I can't buy anything and I can't even redeem my free stuff.  I hate those people.

P.S.  I always, always, always, always take my purse in with me when I leave the car.  Always.  Except when I drop Spencer off at school.  The police told me these bastard people target schools, day cares, and other places where kids are dropped off because they know that most other moms are like me.  They leave the purse when it's a less than 5 minute stop.

Take your purse with you.

9 comments:

The GVZs said...

I am so, so sorry, Lindsay Mae Dunbar. :(

BernieFondue said...

All of that totally sucks! But may I say that I am amazed by all the millions of items fit into your purse?! Let me know if you need to borrow anything (library card, safeway card, etc) or want me to come take you for a drive :)

BernieFondue said...

Okay totally forgot that I was logged in as Bernie because I am uploading to Picasa right now - it's me, Karen :)

Jennifer said...

Bastards! I am so sorry - hope things start to look up this weekend!

Chelsea said...

Bastards!
I'm so sorry :(

Kendra Forgacs said...

That is awful, and scary, and I'm so sorry. Thanks for the heads up about the daycare thing.

Krista said...

What bastards! Let me know if I can help you in any way....like scouring Ebay for a new Kate Spade?? And let me know when you get a new phone/number.

Megan said...

New walet on it's way to you tomorrow! Hope you LOVE it! Sorry that a few BASTARDS ruined your day, week...grrr.

Maryellen said...

Natalie, I'm sorry this happened to you. That truly is awful.