Saturday, April 2, 2011

Aftermath

So, getting your car broken into and your purse stolen really sucks.  I don't recommend it to anyone.  Two thumbs down.  F-.  

I try to be optimistic, though, and look for some little shred of good in any situation.

Stuff like, for instance, the glass people waived my deductible because they knew I had no way to pay.  That was nice.  They also came out to my house yesterday when I found more glass in the car and cut myself on it.  The cutting was no bueno, but the follow up was decent of them.

It was also nice that Discover overnighted me a new card.  I have reason to believe it was entirely selfish on their part because they wanted me to use it since they knew I had no other means to purchase anything.  They were correct and I used it at the grocery store.  I never charge grocery store items.
I was going to be really good and not drive without a license.  Spencer and I stayed home all day on Thursday.  This hasn't happened since he was about 15 months old.  I was ripping my hair out by 2 pm.  Then Megan showed up with a Sonic diet cherry limeade for me and a slushie for Spencer.  It saved the day.

Megan has also informed me that I am not to buy a new wallet because she has already taken care of that for me.  Seriously?  How above and beyond is that?  (On a side note: I can't even breathe when I see that dollar bill upside down like that.  Money, within the confines of a wallet, is to be right side up and in order, largest bills to the back.  Everybody knows this.)
So, the not driving thing lasted for 1 day.  On Friday I grabbed my passport, the police report number and Spencer and we headed to gym class.  While there I mentioned the theft to Miss Brittany and Mr David.  I was joking that I was considering stopping at Sonic for happy hour and charging $2 to my overnighted Discover card.  Brittany and David were kind enough to give me 2 dollars as a "gift from the gym".  How sweet is that?

My hubby.  After we spent over an hour at the bank this morning Michael took me to breakfast and then bought me an egg wreath of my choosing.  This is it:

So, are you wondering how I'm taking pictures since my camera is gone?  Last Christmas Joshua and Amy gave Spencer their very old digital camera.  It's like the 1st digital camera ever made.  It weighs about as much as Spencer at birth, and as such, is indestructible.  That's why they gave it to Spencer. 

So, I "borrowed" the camera from Spencer and am using it for emergency pictures (i.e. blogging pictures) until I buy a new one.

It takes decent pictures outside.
The same cannot be said for inside pictures.  For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make inside pictures not look like this:

Next steps in putting my life together:
insurance claim
new phone
new purse
re-collecting about 39 grocery store saver cards
reordering avon lip glosses (I will not let those criminals stop me from having luscious lips)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I want to shop for a new purse with you...if you are around Friday I think we need a mall trip, sonic driks, and playdate for the kidos!

Elisa said...

Megan- you are a great friend!
Natalie- Cute egg wreath! You deserve a fabulous new bag too!

Chelsea said...

Awww yay for Megan and Michael and the gym people and everyone who is helping a terrible situation be a little less terrible.
You would FREAK if you saw my wallet. Just saying.