Monday, April 11, 2011

Done

Done.  Finished.  Finito.  No more.  I cannot take on one more stressful situation.  I'm spent. 

In addition to the whole purse burglary thing, the identity theft thing (those bastards have duplicated my checks and are passing them all over the Valley), the garbage disposal, the garage door and Spencer being sick I've also been dealing with a furniture situation.

Let me explain.  My aunt and uncle in Casa Grande put their house on the market last September.  My uncle moved to California to start his new job while my aunt stayed here.  They sold the house last month but only found out last week that everything has been approved.  They are also selling the majority of their furniture.  My younger brother Nick wanted to buy a lot of their furniture.  He left for sea a few weeks ago and won't be back until June.  That won't work because my aunt and uncle have to be out of the house this week.  So, you'd think my parents would step in and figure out the furniture situation.

That's a no go, seeing as they have been in CHINA for 3 weeks.  That leaves me.  So after about 756 phone calls (including a few to my parents in China- that was a fiasco in and of itself) and a lot of scheming I got one of Nick's friends, Dan, to rent a u-haul truck and meet us in Casa Grande.

Here's the house.
(you may know this house as the house where we have Thanksgiving every year.  We will be lost on Turkey day without it.)
So, this is the list of what Nick bought (i.e. what Michael, Dan and I had to move)
From the dining room:
1 very large china hutch (see it in the corner)
dining room table
2 table leaves
6 dining table chairs
From the master bedroom:
king headboard
large bureau
large dresser
2 nightstands

We were also buying some furniture and my aunt and uncle were giving us the beds that belonged to my grandparents.

So, we carried everything outside (Michael and Dan did all the heavy lifting),
and loaded that u-haul right up.  It was full.
Then we drove everything to Tucson.  Nick's furniture was left, haphazardly, in his living room where he will have to sort it out in June.

We took our furniture straight from the u-haul and loaded it on to my dad's truck.  Then we parked it in the garage for 2 days before driving it back to our house.

This is what we got:

2 twin beds with headboards/footboards.  One of those was my mom's bed (not the mattress) when she was ten years old.
A dresser
A desk
A fence with pepperberries.  I bought the welcome sign at Hobby Lobby today.
4 wicker folding chairs
And the best part:
My aunt's cow, pig and chicken prints.
Of course I bought them for the pig, but I didn't feel like I could break the set apart.

The whole ordeal ended up being not so terrible, it just took an awful lot of planning while I was busy stressing about 1,459,812 other things.  We still plan on making Nick take us out for a nice dinner when he gets back.

In other news:
I borrowed my parent's camera until my new one can be purchased.
My insurance claim should be paid this week so the camera is coming soon.
I got a new phone over the weekend.  It's approximately 97% more awesome than my old phone. You can call me and text me now.  Hooray.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sorry about your ordeal. We went through indentity theft a few years ago and it really SUCKS. Hopefully your is understanding and easy to work with. I hope it is all better soon.

I love those twin beds - especially the headboards. I like that they are low. I am jealous of your brother's king size headboard too. We just up sized to a king bed and we have yet to find a headboard we both like. Everything seems so massive and I just want something really simple with no footboard. I guess that may have to be a project for the summer.

Hang in there - I promise it will all get better soon! Hope Spencer is feeling better too!

Chelsea said...

You poor thing! Nick needs to take you to a great dinner, for sure!

Chelsea's Mom said...

Have been following your awful saga from here and you are in my heart and prayers. Life is stressful enough without having to deal with this stupid theft and ID theft. May the coming months be MUCH easier!

Cat said...

Since I am three months behind on your blog, I am hoping things are settled and fixed now.