Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Preparations

Good news.  I ordered a new camera with my insurance money.  Bad news.  It probably won't make it in time for Easter.
Easter is in 3 days.  We are being completely abandoned by both sets of our parents.  Michael's parents are going to visit their other grandchildren in North Carolina and my parents are going to see my brother in Florida.

Thanks for nothing, parents.

Suddenly I am being thrown into the role of Easter Hostess.  We've invited some friends over and I'm going to make a ham.  It's all very grown-up of us.

Michael's parents are spending the night tonight because they fly out of Phoenix Sky Harbor at 6:10 am tomorrow.  Earlier tonight we left them with Spencer so we could go grocery shopping without having a 3-year-old tag along.  We went to Costco for the ham, Sprouts for produce and nuts, Fry's for various other things and Target for candy for Spencer to find on Sunday.

While we were gone the stay at home people dyed easter eggs.

This is something that I want Spencer to do every year.
But I don't necessarily want to help.

It's a task that I will gladly hand over to grandparents.
In case you are interested, this is the menu for Sunday:

Cherry Coke Glazed Ham
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
 Roasted Spring Vegetables with Lemon
Horseradish Dill Deviled Eggs
Strawberries with Marshmallow Dip
Tart Cherry Scones
Dinner rolls

And for dessert:
Lemon Tart
Carrot Cake Cheesecake

I'm also planning a make your own sorbet + prosecco bar.

It's gonna rock.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hmmm...my menu needs a lot of work compared to yours.

I am totally with you about the egg coloring. I am not doing it this year. Perhaps next year.

Also you and Michael took my dream food shopping trip. Amazing what you can do without a child. One stop is doable but 2 would be pushing it, let alone 3 or 4!

Maryellen said...

It TOTALLY rocked! Everything was delicious as always! Thanks for having us, we had a great time!!!!

Cat said...

I should have been rude and invited myself over for Easter, that sounds delightful.