Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Be Kind: Rewind

If I could figure out how to add a sound clip to this blog I would insert the sound of a VHS tape rewinding right here.  Remember how it would get faster right at the end?   It's weird to think that anybody younger than about 17 most likely has no memory of VHS tapes and doesn't understand my post title.

Anyway.  We're rewinding a couple of days.  I never had a chance to talk about Good Friday before my Easter post.  And Good Friday was an important day in our family.  For 3 reasons.

#1
Spencer and I were eating breakfast on Friday.  He looked at Paul's empty tank and sighed loudly.  Then he said that he missed Paul and asked if we could get a new fish.  How could I say no?

I emptied the tank of its toxic water, cleaned it out really good and filled it with fresh, treated, non-toxic water.  Then we took Spencer's $5 bill Easter gift from my parents and headed to Petco.  We picked a fish and I made Spencer pay the guy at the cash register. Getting change was almost as exciting as getting the fish.

On the way home
(Don't freak out.  We were at a red light.  A red light that is known to last a long time and we got there right at the beginning of the red.)
I asked Spencer what he wanted to name his new fish.  He had one answer and one answer only.
Piggy
So, here he is.  Mr. Piggy Vonfish.
I added the last name.  Any self-respecting pet needs a last name.
He's pretty great.  He's not dead, so that's a start.
#2
Our street curves into another street.  As we came down the one street headed towards our garage a UPS truck was coming down our street.  It stopped across from our house.  The guy got out and walked up to me with a package.  My camera!  It came before Easter!
(I did not open my new camera and take a picture of the guy.  This is from google images)
This is the 1st picture I took with it.
#3
While we were on our fish buying trip we stopped at Sprout's and got some hot cross buns.
They were capitol D Delicious.  We ate them for dinner and for breakfast the day after.
And when I say "we" I mean Spencer licked the frosting off of one and Michael and I ate the rest.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled timeline.
 
 
(February 1, 2013 update: comments have been closed on this post due to excessive spam)

3 comments:

Karen said...

So glad you got a new fish! (Try not to kill this one okay?)

So that's what a hot cross bun looks like huh?

k and j said...

awesome! and what the hell are hot cross buns!? haha.

spencer is darling :)

i l-l-love your blog!

Cat said...

RE: the VCR, so true. One of my students saw one in a book one day and wanted to know what it was. I felt SO OLD. Re: hot cross buns, haven't had them in YEARS. My mom used to buy them every once in a while when I was a kid.