Sunday, March 29, 2020

The last week before lockdown

I came home from Pinetop on Monday, March 9th. Michael had left the kids, who were on spring break, with my parents in Tucson the day before, so when I got home it was just the two of us. 

We went out on a date that night. 

We found the food to be delicious, but overpriced.  

The dessert was gorgeous.....but overpriced.  

I took a picture of my nails before I took them off on Tuesday, March 10th 
That Tuesday was my first day at work for the week.  I arrived to find that the woodpeckers had actually made their way into the building and had pooped all over.  I used my corona virus supplies to clean up after them.  Again, I was not amused.  

Elliott was invited for a play date on Wednesday, March 11th.  This was when I picked him up.  
Thursday, March 12th ended up being my last day of work for who knows how long.  I was on spring break the next week and the cancellation of schools happened during break. 

I thought my hair looked rockin' that morning. 



It also reminded me of Elliott as a baby.  

Speaking of Elliott, he wanted to ride his bike that afternoon.  

While he was out riding, I baked two chocolate stout cakes to take to a St.Patrick's Day party.  



I went to PT on Friday morning, and then went to get my hair cut and colored.  It's weird now to think that we were all just kinda going about our lives at this time. 

Before

During 

After (not styled the way I prefer.)
That night I went to a little happy hour/party at my friend Melissa's house.  Our mutual friend Kathy drove and there was a fabulous double rainbow on the way.  


On Saturday the 14th we went to a St. Patrick's Day party.  At that time the recommendation was to cancel gatherings of 250 or more people, so the 40 people at the party seemed reasonable. 

Here's my cake! 

Someone made jello shots! 

My oncologist- hostess! 

There was karaoke 

Elliott loved it! 



And then, just like that, starting the next day, we were on lock down.  Things changed so rapidly, that had this party been on Sunday, it would have been canceled or we would not have gone.  

No comments: