Friday, March 20, 2020

Homes, birds, V-Day

We started Sunday, February 9th by attending the Tucson Parade of Homes.  By "we" I mean, me, Elliott, my mom, and my mom's friend Audrey. Spencer had spent the previous night puking, so my dad stayed home with him.

I was mostly interested in showers.  So I took lots of pictures of showers. 


I had never seen a table built into an island like this though.  So it wasn't only pictures of showers. 



This was an awesome shower.  Although not exactly the kind I am looking for. 


Wait until you see where we were!

Now that's a shower!


We were blown away by the length of the counter on the left. 


We drove home that afternoon.  Spencer had a puke bowl right by him for the trip. 

I joined a DIEP flap support group on FB after my DIEP flap breast reconstruction.  On Monday, February 10th I was blown away to see that I had been included in an article written about the group.  See the red arrow?  That's me they're talking about!

My reaction!

There is nothing much to report about Tuesday and Wednesday, February 11th and 12th. I will tell you that a woodpecker started pecking on my building on Monday the 10th and it got really, really, really rambunctious by Thursday the 13th. 


I was already really annoyed about the bird when I left work and just wanted to get home to some peace and quiet when I got stuck behind this thing on my way home.   

It took me about thirty minutes to go the distance that normally takes five. And a lot of that was just being stuck at intersections that they closed to allow this thing through. 

We put together Valentine's for 2nd graders and teachers that afternoon.  Spencer opted out again. 


I stayed up late to go pick up my friend Cynthia from the airport, so after everyone else was in bed, I put of their V-Day gifts. 

For Spencer

For Michael

This is what the shirt looks like. 

For Elliott

For me.  I bought myself a ring. 


I had to work on Friday, but Cynthia was at my house, so she took my picture before I left.  I was sick and tired of not having a shirt to celebrate both Valentine's Day and Arizona's birthday at the same time, so I made my own.  And when I say I made my own, I mean I bought the grey shirt with the Arizona graphic, and ironed on the heart patch. 

Arizona earrings, from Laura. 

Arizona bracelet. 

I went to PT after work and then ran a million errands.  I also brought home some treats for everyone. 

Cynthia and I had ours in the living room. 

Up next: Galentine's Day!




No comments: