Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A big, busy week

February 2nd to the 8th was an action packed week.

Spencer and I started it off on Sunday the 2nd with a lunch date before we went to a book signing with his favorite author, Lisa McMann.

This was my first time having a quinoa bowl.  It was delicious. 

Lisa McMann!




I follow her on Instagram, and I think she's just the best. 

I had to work on Monday the 3rd.  This is a picture of January in my new 2020 pig calendar.  I took it before I flipped to February that day. 

I stopped at a store on my way home to buy Spencer a new water bottle.  He's only had one million of them since Kindergarten.  No joke, he lost this one about a week later. 

This is the look I was giving to show how unamused I was about all of his water bottles. 

Michael and Spencer went to a hockey game on Tuesday the 4th. 

It was one of Spencer's Christmas presents. 
We hadn't planned on going anyway, but Elliott and I stayed home because this is the shape he was in. 

I saw my surgeon for a follow-up on Wednesday the 5th.  I had colored this picture to give him.

This is a fake smile, because he was just really confused.  Apparently, he grew up in Russia and didn't speak English or live in the United States until he was a teen, and he didn't understand the meaning of the word "rad".  He thought it meant something about radiation.  And then I felt like a jerk. 
The appointment was actually incredibly fast, so Michael and I met for a quick lunch.  I got this mimosa that had tequila and grapefruit in it.  It was excellent.

And the necklace I had ordered on etsy was delivered that afternoon!



I did a face mask on Thursday the 6th. 

And took Spencer's 12 year 5 month picture
I had an appointment with my oncologist on Friday, February 7th.  I wore my Wonder Woman bra, because I knew she would see it. 
At one point during chemo I had checked yes on every one of these boxes, so this was pretty remarkable. 

I colored her a picture too. 


And she gave me a baby Yoda tank top!

Michael went up to the mountains with Josh that weekend, and Spencer was at a friend's house on Friday night, so Elliott and I went out for a night on the town. 

Breakfast for dinner. 

He wanted a picture of me with my water.



And then, finally, back home to enjoy the new electric fire place and a glass of wine. 

In my Yoda tank top!

Elliott and I continued our date onto Saturday, February 8th.  We had breakfast for breakfast. 

I had the same quinoa bowl that I had with Spencer the previous Sunday. 

That afternoon the kids and I drove to Tucson.  It was a spontaneous, not planned trip. 

Look at the truck we passed on the way!  No worries, Spencer took the picture.

That night, Spencer fell asleep around 7:00 pm, which is just all fine and dandy, because he started puking around 10:00 pm.  We left him at home asleep, and went out to dinner with my mom's cousin John and his wife Patsy.  They were kinda the reason we went down to Tucson. 


No comments: