Saturday, March 21, 2020

Galentine's Day

Maryellen started Galentine's Day for the Sisterhood in 2017.  Lauren hosted in 2018.  I was supposed to host in 2019, but then we canceled because of my cancer, but then Lauren, Maryellen an I ended up going out for breakfast.  I volunteered to try again for 2020.

Mugs ready for coffee or tea. 


The table all set up for my ladies. 

I found these adorable red lip napkins for the day. 


Look!  Even a hand towel for the bathroom!

Lauren had gotten engaged a few weeks before, so I got her a little cake. 

Cynthia flew in as a surprise.  I was the only one who knew she was here, so we waited until everyone arrived to bring her out from the guest room.  There were screams, laughs, and tears.  I have a video of it, but it's like 6 minutes long.

Cynthia went to Lush and bought everyone a bath bomb.  I took before and after pictures of each one. 

Maryellen


Brenda


Joni


Shireen


Lauren


She also got an engagement present from Cynthia.

Me (duh!)


There were lots of hugs



And then it was time to eat!  I made waffles with a variety of toppings, a vegetable fritatta, a fruit salad, and had everything for mimosas and bellinis.  Everything else was brought by others.






We had to take our annual pictures with Miguel!  I somehow missed Cynthia though!








Then, group photos

Once Lauren knew that Cynthia was here she called her fiance Paul and told him to come over so he could meet Cynthia.  He got in a group photo too. 

This might be my favorite new photo of the group.  Except Amy is missing. 

The newly engaged with their mugs, 

And their cake. 

One more shot of me enjoying a mimosa with blood orange juice because it matched my dress. 

Maryellen stayed later than everyone, and made herself cozy in the chair. 

And then Elliott helped her to be even cozier. 

Oh, and at some point Maryellen took this picture of me.  I don't remember when, but I love it, so I stuck it here at the end. 


And that is Galentine's Day 2020!!!!!

No comments: