Thursday, January 16, 2020

Post Holiday

This post is going to include quite a lot of days and pictures, but I feel like we need to just power through so we're not still talking about the first week of January in mid-February.

January 2nd was a difficult day.  Michael and I (and my parents) attended the funeral for Michael's good friend from college, James.  James and I actually attended high school together, but we didn't know each other until Michael became his friend at the U of A.

We had not been in touch for years, but his death came as quite the shock and we were obviously very sad about it.  He died from esophageal cancer.  Stupid. Cancer.


That afternoon I went to the movies with Chelsea and Laura.  We saw Little Women, which was excellent. 

Chelsea took these pictures and I obviously did not know where her camera was on the phone. 

After the movie we went to dinner, and after dinner we went back to Chelsea's house.  We all put on our jammies and then drank wine.  Her cousin, Miguel, was staying at Chelsea's house, and he took these pictures of us.  And this was at the beginning of the evening!






We only did this kiss one time, so I think there's a mixture of pictures from my phone and Chelsea's phone here. 




Miguel

Oh, and Laura and I danced. 
I took one picture on the 3rd.  I've been using this bottle of lotion at my parent's house since January 2016.  I've marked each year.  I hope this is the year I finish it, because I hate this lotion now. 
We drove home the afternoon of the 3rd. 

My cousin Taylor was still in town and her boyfriend had arrived as well, so on Saturday the 4th they came over for dinner. My parents came up from Tucson and spent the night so they could see Taylor and meet Chris too. 




I made the 2020 eggnog on the 5th.  Three days later than last year, but it will still age for a whole year. 
That afternoon I prepped gifts for a bunch of people, because I was seeing my surgeon the next day and I have to drive by my oncologist's office to get there. 

I ordered this from etsy for my surgeon.  That's him as a cartoon. 
I gave this to his medical assistant because we have spent a lot of time talking about her son's communication disorder. 
And then this for my oncologist, because her birthday was on the 12th and we share an obsession for Baby Yoda. 

No comments: