Wednesday, January 15, 2020

2019 becomes 2020

We spent most of the day on December 30th taking all of the Christmas decor down.  Michael had an appointment to get some steroid shots in his back the morning of the 31st, and then we drove back to Tucson when he was done.

My parents had invited their long time friends over for dinner and they brought their 13 year old grandson.

These boys could all be brothers actually. 
My dad and Steve have been friends since they were kids.  They are each godfather to one another's sons. 

Of course we had photo props!


My dad chilled the champagne in a very classy ice bucket. 

The plan was to have cheese fondue, but it somehow went terribly wrong, so we got Lucky Wishbone instead.  There wasn't any left. 


We let the kids stay up until midnight, so we all slept in on the 1st and then headed to my uncle's house for a late lunch/early dinner. 

Gus wanted to sit with everyone. 

Elliott loves Gus, but Gus is not good for Elliott's allergies. 

My wine glass matched my skirt. 
I was impressed that my uncle actually did something with the clam shells from Christmas day, and that he had them displayed next to shell plates. 

Nobody was wearing the festive hats I brought, but then Raquel put one on so I didn't feel so all alone in the world. 

There was a pork and sauerkraut cook-off this year.

My uncle's recipe

vs Rosemary's recipe

I made and printed the ballots and my dad (who was an elections official) swore Spencer in as the ballot counter.   Spoiler alert.  Rosemary won. 

The ballot counter with the contestants. 

A couple of official pictures before we all left.

I forgot to give Lois this champagne for Christmas because I forgot to pack it to bring to Tucson. 




Inappropriate. 

Appropriate


And it's 2020!

No comments: