Sunday, January 19, 2020

Back to normal- kind of

We bought new furniture for the family room in December.  I actually ordered it from the Target website, so we never saw it in person before it was delivered.  Once it was here we decided the new furniture would work better in the living room. so we moved the living room furniture to the family room and the family room furniture to the living room. 

I took these pictures on Monday the 6th. 

Since taking these pictures I bought a small table to put between the chairs, and I moved the ottoman to the family room.  

So, this is the couch that was in the living room.  It actually belonged to my grandparents originally.  I was with them when they bought it.  I think I was in college.  
And since I took this picture I moved that footrest back to the garage and put the ottoman from the living room in front of the chairs.  
I've had fake vegetables in this pig bowl for the past, like, ten years.  Maybe even more.  I got rid of the veggies and went with some rose gold vase filler for 2020. Elegant. 

The afternoon of the 6th I went to see my surgeon.  This is the waiting room.  
He said I am doing very well and don't need to come back for an entire month. I was there for so long that it was night by the time I drove back.  

Spencer was 12 years- 4 months old that day.
I decided to not go back to work the next day, Tuesday the 7th.  The kids went to school and Michael went to work and I stayed home and took zero pictures.  Well, there are some pictures of my abdomen, but I'm not going to show you. 

I also decided to not go to work on Wednesday the 8th.  After the kids went to school I took a morning nap and then sat in my favorite chair drinking coffee. 
I never left the house the whole day, but I returned to my favorite house for happy hour that afternoon.  
Shocker- I also stayed home on Thursday the 9th.  I was physically OK to go to work, but the abdominal incision was still not doing wonderfully, and I just really needed the extra time before I felt up to being at work. 

I took the kids to piano that day and then we went out to dinner after. 
Michael was off on Friday the 10th and there was no way I was going to work with him home, or with my first day being back on a Friday.

I was really cold that morning so I had him pack me in with pillows.  
After he had a morning appointment with his doctor, we went out for lunch and then to the movies.  I wanted to take a picture at lunch, but the sun was problematic.  


I ended up moving to the other side of this huge booth and we took separate pictures.  

That night we re-watched four episodes of The Mandalorian.  



We had a cozy fire going.  The first of this winter.  

Spencer was doing some weird stuff with his toes.  

I got an email from Shutterfly on Saturday the 11th telling me that I had taken these pictures 11 years ago.  This was the day we bought our new car.  Spencer was 16 months old. 

 This was just begging for a new comparison.  




Yessssssssssssss! 



No comments: