Thursday, January 9, 2020

Christmas Eve

My mom made a plum pudding to serve on Christmas Eve.  When she turned it out of the pan she realized it was rancid because the suet she used in it was rancid.

My dad and I made an emergency trip to Trader Joe's to get an emergency dessert.  It was a miracle trip because we were actually able to park right in front of the door. 

Pictures before church




Pictures at church.  I kinda like the picture in front of the Nativity.  This might be a new official picture spot. 



The unveiling of the eggnog I made on January 2nd, 2019. 

With the dairy added.

Yummmmmmmmmm.  Eggnog. 

My mom made crab chowder, and Lois brought a salad. 

Brie for an appetizer




Nick is still out to sea, but he sent gifts. 



My high school classmate dropped by for a short time.  I'll tell you about it if you call me. 

We got my Uncle Terry this oversize tennis ball for his doggie, Gus. 





Photo-bomber







My emergency dessert was a trifle.

Right after I took the above picture of the trifle, Jerry had a seizure, although we didn't know it was a seizure at the time.  The night ended with eight paramedics in the living room and then Lois driving Jerry to the hospital. He was admitted within 45 minutes and stayed overnight before he was released on Christmas day.  He's now doing great and just needs to follow up with a neurologist.  It was very scary while it was happening though.

We rebounded enough to do the cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. 


No comments: